Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CES and/or Light/Sound Machines

Default CES and/or Light/Sound Machines

Hi,

I am new to this forum and the concept of ces and light/sound machines. I have been doing a lot of research to find the best type of product(s) for what we want to do. Any product(s) that I buy will be shared with me and my girlfriend. My girlfriend has issues with depression and OCD, while I have issues with stress and anxiety. These are the major reasons for wanting to buy a ces unit and/or a light/sound machine. The other reasons are on a more experimental level. They include lucid dreaming, IQ enhancement, development of psychic awareness and Chakra balancing. I am looking for the best product(s) to help us achieve our goals. I would appreciate any insight on these types of machines that you may have to offer.

I have a few other questions that I hope you don't mind me asking. I have looked at the Proteus and the Procyon and they seem like great choices. I have also looked at a model called the David XL. This unit has fewer programs,less storage space and frequency range than the Proteus and the Procyon, but it costs much more. While I was reading the David XL info I noticed a section that talked about the ability to stimulate the left eye/right ear and right eye/left ear. Is this really important? Is this why it costs so much more? I am not sure if the Proteus or the Procyon can do this.

Does anyone here know about CES products like the Alpha-Stim,Ces Ultra or the Neurotrek Digital Pro? They seem really interesting in theory, but I don't know if they are overkill(when used with a l/s machine) or the best thing ever.

Thanks for your time,
    kmjk

Blog Entries

Default Re: CES and/or Light/Sound Machines

Hi Kmjk,

Quote Originally Posted by kmjk View Post
    Hi,

My girlfriend has issues with depression and OCD, while I have issues with stress and anxiety. These are the major reasons for wanting to buy a ces unit and/or a light/sound machine. The other reasons are on a more experimental level. They include lucid dreaming, IQ enhancement, development of psychic awareness and Chakra balancing. I am looking for the best product(s) to help us achieve our goals. I would appreciate any insight on these types of machines that you may have to offer.
    A light and sound machine can definitely help you achieve the goals you have mentioned but keep in mind, the machine is a tool not a cure. While the machine can help you relax and access a state of mind for change work, it will not cure these problems you mention because that requires you and your girlfriend learning how to change - how "you" think and what you think.

The L&S machine can help with IQ enhancement, especially if either of you have problems with concentration. Other things to look into for IQ enhancement are a variety of brain exercises and brain nutrition.

As for lucid dreaming, psychic enhancement and chakra balance - again the machine can be helpful in you getting into a state of mind to do this work - but you have to learn the techniques and practice to get results.

Learning about how your mind works and how to control your thoughts is the most important tool you can develop because this is the foundation of all change work and higher state achievement. It's never as simple as just using a machine. LOL but then you probably already knew that.

I have a few other questions that I hope you don't mind me asking. I have looked at the Proteus and the Procyon and they seem like great choices. I have also looked at a model called the David XL. This unit has fewer programs,less storage space and frequency range than the Proteus and the Procyon, but it costs much more. While I was reading the David XL info I noticed a section that talked about the ability to stimulate the left eye/right ear and right eye/left ear. Is this really important? Is this why it costs so much more? I am not sure if the Proteus or the Procyon can do this.
    No, it isn't important. However, if you really wanted to do this - you could program your Procyon or Proteus in this way. Our machines are programmable.

Photic stimulation is more effective than auditory stimulation and which ear or eye you stimulate isn't going to matter significantly, if at all. When practitioners are using EEG stimulation, they are able to target specific areas of the brain and this is done through electrodes placed strategically on the scalp.

Does anyone here know about CES products like the Alpha-Stim,Ces Ultra or the Neurotrek Digital Pro? They seem really interesting in theory, but I don't know if they are overkill(when used with a l/s machine) or the best thing ever.
    Keep in mind that all L&S machines essentially work the same and some manufacturers make outlandish claims as to what their machines can do and how a feature (like isochronic beats) is superior (even though there is no unbiased research that supports it) - for example. There is however research supporting binaural beats.

What you want to look for in a machine is whether it is made well, that the company provides a decent warranty and good technical support for their products. Are the prices reasonable? What features do the machines have that are useful to you (such as - can they be programmed, audio strobe capable etc.). Ask your self if the machine in question is versitile or can it only do one thing (such as the MindSpa that has the open eye ridiculous glasses which will end up being really annoying and not good for relaxation or trance work). Yes, I am biased somewhat but that is because the Mindplace Products are the best out there, especially for the price and customer support.

Hope this helps.

M.

Marisa,

I really appreciate your thoughtful answers to my questions. I have another question for you. I read in another thread were you said that both the Proteus and the Procyon will entrain the brain in the same way. So, does this mean that the additional colors in the Procyon are only there to give the user more of a light show?
    Thanks,
    kmjk

Blog Entries

Marisa,

I really appreciate your thoughtful answers to my questions. I have another question for you. I read in another thread were you said that both the Proteus and the Procyon will entrain the brain in the same way. So, does this mean that the additional colors in the Procyon are only there to give the user more of a light show?
    Thanks,
    kmjk
    I just looked back over some research and found the following information:

"Komatsu has found that the red light produces optimal EEG driving in the 17 - 18 Hz band. Green increased 15 Hz activity, while blue enhanced 10 - 13 Hz. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Down...idealcolor.pdf

Essentially, red is able to stimulate the brain the most - which is good for achieving a Beta state, while green and blue offer more relaxing combinations.

Is blue absolutely necessary to achieve a state of relaxation? No. Is it useful? It appears so. Judging from sales of the ruby/sapphire light frames for the Proteus, many people do enjoy the effects of the blue lights.

The extra color does give the Procyon the ability to produce a greater light show in that in increases the color combinations from 15 shades (Proteus) to 255 shades.

M.

Thanks again for the information.

If I order the Proteus, can I get the ruby/sapphire light frames standard instead of the ruby/emerald light frames? Thanks,kmjk

Blog Entries

Thanks again for the information.

If I order the Proteus, can I get the ruby/sapphire light frames standard instead of the ruby/emerald light frames? Thanks,kmjk
    Sorry, you'll have to ask your seller/retailer that question. If you are in Canada, please send me a PM.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Sorry, you'll have to ask your seller/retailer that question.

M.
    I thought I was doing that. Doesn't Mindplace sell the Proteus from their online store?

Blog Entries

I thought I was doing that. Doesn't Mindplace sell the Proteus from their online store?
    The forum isn't associated with the online store. I am the Canadian Distributor and can only make those kinds of decisions for Canadian customers. I have nothing to do with international and US sales. You can email Mindplace and ask them. I just talked to Janice at mindplace and she said she'd talk to you about it. I will send you a private message with her email address.

M.

Is this your support forum Marisa? I thought it was a support forum run by MindPlace for their customers. Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries

Is this your support forum Marisa? I thought it was a support forum run by MindPlace for their customers. Thanks for your help.
    I do not own this Forum, Mindplace does. It is their forum for their customers however, any sales related questions are dealt with Mindplace directly.

Although complaints can be addressed here they need be sent to the administrator in a private message where he can forward it to the appropriate party. We want to keep a positive atmosphere on the forum.

The forum is for discussion on the products, brain wave entrainment, light and sound, best uses, experiences and so forth. Specific questions regarding price or other sales information is handled by Mindplace directly. If someone has a problem getting hold of someone at Mindplace, they can always send me or the Administrator a private message and we'll forward you an email address. We don't post email addresses here because of spiders for spam.

Have I totally confused you yet?

M.

Thread Information