Thread: When to use sessions

Question When to use sessions

This is my first post; I'm still waiting to get my Procyon (due Mon.), and from what Ive seen on this board I think I'll be very happy with it. In particular saw post where someone was complaining about falling asleep; IMHO I figure machine works damn well and the moderators answer was right on.

Anyways, my question has to do with when to use either the "Learning" and/or "Peak Perf" sessions. Intended useage is for martial arts training.

Here's my plan; any comment would be appreciated.

1. For Dojo days, I would run one of the Peak Perf sessions prior to going to the Dojo - Dojo only 10 minutes away figure residual effects of session should last that long.

2. Learning Japanese (Waza, Kata, names etc.) would use one of the learning sessions prior to hitting the study sheet.

3. I also use DVDs and a 3D program to study techniques and for this one not sure if Learning or Peak Perf prior to study is better.

Also, I might be totally wrong and don't mind this plan being totally changed.

Thanks
    Gintaras

Blog Entries

Default Re: When to use sessions

Hi Gintaras,

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
    This is my first post; I'm still waiting to get my Procyon (due Mon.), and from what Ive seen on this board I think I'll be very happy with it.
    I think you will also. They are good machines that do exactly what they are suppose to do - entrain the brain to specific frequencies. The rest of the stuff (brightest lights etc). is all cosmetic and isn't relevant to entrainment but perhaps to entertainment.

In particular saw post where someone was complaining about falling asleep; IMHO I figure machine works damn well and the moderators answer was right on.
    Thank you.

Anyways, my question has to do with when to use either the "Learning" and/or "Peak Perf" sessions. Intended useage is for martial arts training.
    The Learning sessions (P 1 to 4) focus on the brain wave frequencies of 4 - 7 Hz (Theta range). This set of frequencies are really good for visualization, such as running through your routines in your mind as well as language learning.

The Peak Performance sessions (P 9 to 11) target the frequencies of 8 Hz to 28 Hz which is Alpha, SMR and Beta. You would want to use these programs perhaps before working out as it will give you more intense concentration and focused energy.

Here's my plan; any comment would be appreciated.

1. For Dojo days, I would run one of the Peak Perf sessions prior to going to the Dojo - Dojo only 10 minutes away figure residual effects of session should last that long.
    Yup, that would work.

2. Learning Japanese (Waza, Kata, names etc.) would use one of the learning sessions prior to hitting the study sheet.
    You could also try using the L&S session after your learning sessions. This will allow what you have learned to be processed by your brain and go into your long term memory. Anything newly learned that you want to retain needs to be first processed by the brain (go from short term memory to long term). Your brain needs the Theta state to do this.

The theta state is also good for visualization work. If you are able to take some time and visualize your martial arts moves in your mind, both your muscles and mind will achieve the benefits of the work out. It's another way to increase your skill level even further. You can do this when you are waiting in line somewhere, sitting quietly or any time you are doing nothing - you can go inside your mind and start going through your moves.

You'll find after using the machine for a while, that you can induce a theta state fairly quickly and easily at will.

3. I also use DVDs and a 3D program to study techniques and for this one not sure if Learning or Peak Perf prior to study is better.
    Probably learning. The Program 6 - concentration - is a good one to use before learning as it targets Alpha and SMR. The Peak Perf goes into too high of a Beta, which is good for energy and power but not if you are going to sit down and study.

Also, I might be totally wrong and don't mind this plan being totally changed.
    Then again, I may be wrong also .... nah. lol Everyone is different so if you are not getting the results you want with what I've suggested, let me know and I can help you come up with something else. Also you may want to experiment with some of the other programs because you may find one or two that you like even better.

I'm working on putting together a sheet that tells you what frequencies are targeted by each of the sessions. I'm about 3/4 done so hopefully it won't be too much longer before it's ready.

P.S. Martial Arts training is excellent for the mind - as you probably are well aware - because it teaches you to pay attention to your thoughts and how to learn to control them (and change them).

Cheers,

M.

Default Re: When to use sessions

M.

Thanks. This is exactly the kind of input a beginner needs. In particular your info on use after study and the relationship of thetat state to learning is something I didn't know. Very useful stuff for me.

thanks,
    GG

Thread Information