Thread: Open eye Ganzframes - phase of lights ..

1. Default Open eye Ganzframes - phase of lights ..

I am in the process of deciding which frames to buy as I own both a Kasina and a Procyon.

Robert's announcement of the Procyon version mentioned something about the phase of the lights left and right which I didn't understand . The Procyon RGB standard glasses have the L/R LEDS in phase from memory - only the Kasina allows you to address and use seperate L/R 'eye' channels. Personally I find differing phases on each eye motion sickness inducing - I don't know why but it gives me strong butterflies in the stomach and makes me unsettled - .Its weird because I am hardened to VR ( Virtual Reality ) motion sickness now and yet there are some aspects of this discomfort that remind me of that.

I don't mean to sound down on the current Kasina - it is so openly programmable that ultimately anything is possible within the bounds of what it is built for .

Mark

Blog Entries

Default Re: Open eye Ganzframes - phase of lights ..

Robert was saying that the Kasina glasses are wired out of phase.

The Procyon DV are wired the same as the Procyon RGB glasses. RGB with Procyon sessions and selectable color pairs by AudioStrobe (through the editor). They also work with the Proteus as monocolor (yellow) or bicolor (red and green). Patterns on the Procyon are very crisp and intriguing. The Procyon gets a new lease on life with these glasses. The Proteus patterns are intense too.

The Kasina DV glasses showcase the amazing control that is available for colors and patterns with SpectraStrobe.

Ultimately for best enjoyment you will want both

Alternating patterns can be interesting. Really slow ones can create a vertigo feeling. I actually think this is rather useful to create tension that you later resolve in a session. Also you can get some strange composite color mixes. The biggest ability of separate eye control is frequency differentials.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Open eye Ganzframes - phase of lights ..

Scott :

So I'm guessing by out of phase you just mean the overall orientation of - /+ on the wiring rail meaning the procyon and kasina are not interchangeable - it is nothing to do with the left /right eye phase of the flashing .

While on that topic can I confirm that the colorset number 8 : RG is the audio strobe equivalent to the Proteus glasses with red and green being the two audio channels with each corresponding colour is flashing in each eye in the same phase .

I'm still ruminating about which deepvision goggles - they will be over $200 Australian dollars to import no doubt and I certainly can't buy two pairs at this stage.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 11-03-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Open eye Ganzframes - phase of lights ..

Two light signals are interleaved on each of the 3 wires on the Kasina. That is how we get 6 channels with 3 conductors. The remaining conductor is the ground. One set of LEDs is wired as common cathode and the other as common anode. Thus the Procyon is only able to address one side of the Kasina LED glasses and the DeepVision ones.

For the most part, the Procyon DV glasses will work with the Kasina. But not when SpectraStrobe or KBS addresses both sides. So all sessions might not appear exactly as intended. Simpler sessions or ones you design can be displayed properly.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information