Thread: Let's Really Talk Electrode Placement

Default Let's Really Talk Electrode Placement

I've tried a bunch of different positions so far and the one I like best is just above the wrist with one on the heal of the thumb and the other on the heal of the opposite side of the hand lined up under the pinky wearing the strap like a bracelet. The reason I liked this best so far was that I found that for me in the middle of the palm the electrodes barely make contact with skin and that just moving my fingers around changed my readings dramatically and to get on a steady course I had open my hand as wide as I could and strain doing it, not exactly conducive to biofeedback. This is probably my problem though because after inspecting my hands closely I believe I have very deep palms or in other words not thick hands, ones that have lot's of shapes and curves produced by the fleshy heals. Everyone is different.

There is one pretty bad video on youtube with the person having the electrodes on the callus portion of the hand at the base of the fingers and he looks like he's making a tight fist which I also know is not conducive to biofeedback. His fist looks so squeezed tight that his hand begins to turn a bright red. Furthermore, having the electrodes on calluses can't be the way to go either. If I have to make a video my self this is going to have to change because this is not and accurate representation of biofeedback or the Thoughtstream eaither I'm guessing.

I also tried the wrist with good results. if you think about it, when a person get's nervous or reacts to situations a lot of time sweaty wrists are the first result. I'm thinking wrists are a good place to, I'll have to try that more and report back.

Also, I've never had electrodes like these which is a good thing. I have 30 years of experience with biofeedback and own several machines and it's always been fingers, one has an ear clip. Now that I have these I'm going to experiment with different electrode placements including the forehead, it should be fun ! very much looking forward to it !

It's my opinion that simple biofeedback is still one of the best ways if not the best way to get control of your mind.

Please tell me your experiences with electrode placement.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's Really Talk Electrode Placement

I usually wear the ThoughtStream electrodes as a bracelet with the electrodes on the wrist. I also find them to work well on the instep of a foot. If you have ever looked into reflexology then they place well at the head/lung position. This is especially comfortable if you are reclining while meditating.

One more position that is convenient is to place the electrodes on a flat surface (desk, arm of a chair, etc) and place the tip of a finger on each electrode. You have very good control of the contact doing this.

The ThoughtStream electrodes are some of the most versatile concerning placement options.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 10-01-2015 at 05:16 PM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Let's Really Talk Electrode Placement

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    I usually wear the ThoughtStream electrodes as a bracelet with the electrodes on the wrist. I also find them to work well on the instep of a foot. If you have ever looked into reflexology then they place well at the head/lung position. This is especially comfortable if you are reclining while meditating.

One more position that is convenient is to place the electrodes on a flat surface (desk, arm of a chair, etc) and place the tip of a finger on each electrode. You have very good control of the contact doing this.

The ThoughtStream electrodes are some of the most versatile concerning placement options.
    This is great news ! I was hoping to be able to experiment a lot of different ways. In fact I tried the wrist position and found it to work really well, so far my favorite. Now I'm really looking forward to the foot placement. Thanks.

Thread Information