Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Color and Sound Specifics

Default Color and Sound Specifics

Can anyone suggest where to find very specific information on how different colored light affects the brain ?

Also very specific information on how different sound waves affect the brain ?

I'd like to write very objective focused Procyon sessions.

So far all I can find are wishy washy trivia type answers on the internet.

I had a conversation with an acquaintance who also said times of day are relevant as well.

I have a feeling it's already here but my searches turned up nothing so far. Sometimes I look in the wrong place. I'm still looking around the site.

Default Re: Color and Sound Specifics

I guess I'll have to pour over everything. Not a problem I need to learn anyway. Mindplace has a lot of content, more than happy to learn it all.

But, here's the kind of info I'm searching for and what I have so far :

Red - Stimulates adrenal gland heartbeat and breathing.

Yellow - Stimulates serotonin production, enhances concentration, wakes up the brain and nervous system, speeds up metabolism.

Blue - Enhances creativity, helps produce chemicals that are calming and is soothing.

Green - Scientifically proven to improve eyesight, relaxes the body and alleviates stress.

I have info on other colors but not quite sure of their relevancy yet concerning RGB AVS technology although color channel sounds like it might be just that.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 08-20-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Blog Entries

A good place to start would be the AVS technology articles here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Andy, that's what I was thinking. Already skimmed them but need to really get into them.

Blog Entries

Those types of questions are difficult to answer definitively. There has not been enough research in this area to state anything as facts that are applicable to everyone. Most work has been done either in the areas of color perception (physiological mechanisms) or in color psychology (how color affect mood generally) What is established is that high contrasting flickering colors are powerful in the sense of epileptic triggers for those who are susceptible. There are documented cases of movies and television broadcasts triggering seizures. Search for Pokemon seizure episode if you want to explore this. It is one of the most famous. There are no reported seizures under these circumstances reported by AVS use, so I'm not saying that. Still, there is a possible principle at work here. Epileptic screening tests of the modern variety use 'pattern gratings' and high contrast colors, usually opposite colors of the spectrum.

More purposeful consciousness alteration work has been done in sacred circles than science. To explore this you can read about tattvas in the Hindu traditions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattva . Even the Kasina meditation system in Buddhism classifies colors: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasina There is a long history in Tarot work with color associations as well, like the work of Paul Foster Case. And of course clairvoyants and aura-readers like Edgar Cayce, Annie Besant or Charles Leadbeater also attributed significance to colors in their interpretations. There is the chakra system as well. Whether or not you subscribe to any of these doesn't matter as the fact is, those mentioned did, and undertook a lot of work in this area.

A bit of work was done by C. Maxwell Cade and his protege Anna Wise with interpreting the 'color illusions' that can be seen in fast changing frequencies ramps, especially at the beta/alpha borderline.

Anyway, like most things in this field, there are many discoveries to be made. In fact, our Kasina system is one of the first to truly open up color in AVS under full, nearly unlimited control.

I personally have done much work creating exacting color systems, some material of which I have released, and others not yet. My AVS Color Wheel app https://github.com/scottosx/AVS-Color-Wheel and Audacity Mind Machine Suite https://github.com/scottosx/Audacity-Mind-Machine-Suite are the beginnings.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Another potentially relevant area of study is synesthesia in particular Grapheme Color Synesthesia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphe...or_synesthesia

There are perhaps many causes of this phenomena and thus different maybe personal systems of color associations. I have seen it proposed that in some cases the color association can be traced back to those magnetic letters many of us had as children. But there are others.

This is a fruitful area to research an 'organic' color association schemata. I need to find a paper that I had archived which did a field survey and summarized color mappings. As I remember they were similar to the strongest 'closed eye' colors delivered by AVS machines.

Ah, here it is: http://dwig.lmc.gatech.edu/projects/...ojectwork.html
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Wow, great information. I'm going to look into all of it.

Blog Entries

I like this subject maybe you can tell. This is a great paper too: Color Codes in Nature http://www.aperiomics.org/Nature.pdf It classifies the coloration of plants and animals to an extent.

The 'warning colors' are known as Aposematism: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposematism
    Last edited by neuroasis; 08-21-2015 at 02:23 PM.

So the way this all came about (kind of a long story) is this:

I've always been interested in the subject of the affect of color and sound on the brain hence my interest in AVS but what happened is that I maintain a large wooded property for a family member and while I'm there the neighbors often come by and chat. It's amusingly like the adult cartoon King of the Hill, standing on the front lawn next to the riding mower shooting the bull in this case though the bull is usually subjects like health, wellness, the modern world and the food supply.

One neighbor had been telling me about a health issue he was having. He felt very fatigued all of the time and his hair was falling out and he was pursuing medical attention. Over time he began telling me about his progress in this area and finally came forth with the conclusion. What happened was he literally accidentally stumbled onto a doctor who in addition to practicing traditional medicine was also intertwining natural and holistic methods as well in his practice. The diagnosis was that he had an extreme vitamin D deficiency which as a side note I'm hearing more and more about in our modern world. The doctor did indeed prescribe a vitamin D supplement but also told him he needed to spend more time in the sun, without sunglasses, and eat more animal sourced saturated fat. He went on to explain (but remember this is second hand and now third hand info) that the doctor told him that the sun but not just the sun but the colors that it provides us activates a process with in our bodies that produces vitamin D. I've known this info for many years but had never heard the color detail until then and never before from a medical professional (albeit second hand). As you can imagine this got my attention and peaked my interest. He then explained to me that the doctor told him but glossed over the subject of the affects of color on the brain and even went as far as to say that certain colors needed to be seen and absorbed at certain times of the day. That's where the story ends though. He said the doctor told him that he (the doctor) provided the basic facts but that he (the patient) needed to research this subject on his own.

As you can imagine, hearing this from a medical professional (second hand) has definitely gotten my attention. Just that it came from a medical professional to me is amazing, it's unheard of ! Sounds like one of those urban legends you hear about right ? I know.

In conclusion I am no longer interested I am obsessed with how different colors affect the brain. Like one of those no sleep, travel to the ends of the earth to find the holy grail obsessions.

Blog Entries

It makes logical sense. We as a specifies have only spent a minuscule sliver of our existence under these artificial lighting conditions and now being bathed by the light of screens all day and night. I can't remember the last time I spent a full day, I mean all day, dawn to dusk, outside. For many in first world countries (maybe most?) it is a rarity to do this.

And as well it is certain that the color of light from the sun goes through phases. Also as you say, it is tied to body cycles and the production of biochemicals. To what degree that is, is certainly a worthy investigation. Also worth incorporating into AVS sessions. I have played with concept for instance in this 'smart' session for Mind Workstation. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-Sleep-Session

Thread Information