Thread: Suggestions on which model to get?

1. Default Suggestions on which model to get?

Ok so I posted this in the kasina section but it turned red and when I tried to reply to it it said it was an invalid thread. I guess it was in the wrong space? Hopefully the general forum is more suitable for this.
    thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

So I am totally new to mind machines, but not to meditation or spirituality and paranormal activity. Christmas is coming up and I can never seem to think of what I want that's worth while, but finally this year mind machines came along (into my knowledge of course, not to the world). What I am interested in experiencing using these awesome sounding devices is: 1.Astral projection(I currently can only astral project while sleeping), 2. Visuals, particularly kaleidoscopic visuals , and sacred geometry(idk if that is even possible on these types of machines. Also, which one has the coolest visuals in your opinion? 3. Deep states of meditation. Which one would be the most conducive to entering a deep trance state?
    I am also fully aware that none of these machines can do the work for you. They are merely a tool such as sacred plants. I was originally looking at the Procyon as that was the first one I heard about, but then I saw the kasina and liked the fact that you can see all the "programs"( idk what to call them) on the device itself, versus having to look at the manual. Thanks, peace

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions on which model to get?

The Kasina is the most modern of our machines as far as a total package. It is also still in constant development and growth. The Procyon has some really intense visuals though. The Kasina does too and the included sound files and ease of use, not to mention the excellent AudioStrobe implementation and ease of copying files, makes it the overall winner.

The Proteus is neat for trying out some frequency parameters in realtime and also has a biofeedback connection with the ThoughtStream.

Most people overall in ease of use and customizability would get the most enjoyment out the Kasina. All of our line are very capable machines in their own right and priced well for the feature set they offer.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Suggestions on which model to get?

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know what the frequency differences between the proteus and kasina are? You grabbed my attention to the proteus when saying the proteus has frequency parameters in real time. Does that mean that the proteus has a wider range of frequencies to choose from? Thanks for the help. Anyone else's information on their favorite would be helpful too but I think I'm kinda leaning toward the kasina.

Blog Entries

Here is a comparison chart between the Proteus/Procyon.

Regarding Procyon vs Kasina:
    The Kasina is the culmination of over 5 years of development, 2 years of design and testing. It is the "soup to nuts" solution for the avs enthusiast. It is MindPlaces' flagship product and the leader in it's field, at any price.

The main differences between the Procyon and Kasina are:
    - Windows and Mac compatibility
    - Music playback from integrated micro-SD card
    - Expandable, unlimited storage through the use of micro-SD cards
    - Rechargable battery, chargable via USB
    - Very simple add/delete sessions and OS update procedure (drag and drop)
    - 6-channel Ganzframes (Red/Green/Blue x 2 (Left and Right))
    - Spectrastrobe encoding as a 6-channel format - big improvement over AudioStrobe
    - Easy to use free KBS editor available for Windows and Mac
    - 3rd party editors available
    - In-Ear style headphones
    - Colour screen with much more information
    - Very simple to use with simple control pad and graphical screen
    - Modern styling and packaging
    - Works as USB audio device for playback of music or sessions via PC

Please have a look at some of our customer reviews http://www.amazon.com/Mindplace-Kasi...ews/B00GU1W8AS on Amazon to see what others are saying about the product.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

The Proteus can go from 0.5hz to 50hz
    Procyon 0.1hz to 75hz
    Kasina - KBS - 0.1hz to 60hz -

AudioStrobe and SpectraStrobe have no minimum range (although below 1hz is not very useful unless as background washes) and the maximum range is merely a function of the point at which we can no longer see the lights flickering. It varies from person to person but is usually are 40 - 50hz.

Proteus doesn't have a wider range of frequencies. Just a mode where you can move them up and down while they play back.

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

6. Default Re: Suggestions on which model to get?

Thanks for the help Andy and Neuroasis/Scott. I think I am going to be getting the kasina. It seems the easiest to use and of course the most modern. I will let you all know how I like it sometime after Christmas.

Blog Entries

Good choice - I think you'll really enjoy it.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information