Thread: Editing imported sessions - Kasina, NP3 and MWS

Default Editing imported sessions - Kasina, NP3 and MWS

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to import isochronic tones/binaural beats (MP3 format) into Kasina, NP3 and MWS and edit them in order to include audiostrobe/spectrasobre lights.

Thanks,
    Diogo

Blog Entries

Default Re: Editing imported sessions - Kasina, NP3 and MWS

Do you mean add lights to audio files that already contain sound entrainment? Do you know the frequencies and timing of the entrainment tracks?

If so, the answer is yes, you can, but not in any automatic way. You would manually have to create AS/SS tracks that match or compliment the sound entrainment.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Neuroasis, as a test, I was trying to import tones from iso-tones.com. I have tried opening them (MP3 file) in both NP3 and MWS (trials) and in the KBS Editor with no success.

After successfully importing a tone into KBS, for example, I would then create AS/SS tracks - just trying to figure out what is possible to do. No clear objetive other than that at the moment.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries

The KBS editor available does not import mp3 files. A new version being finalized now will 'play' mp3 files and let you to build KBS sessions around them. The best that you can do to analyze files is by using a new tap tempo feature that maps tempo to frequency. Another new feature will allow you to markup and label audio files in Audacity and import these labels to create KBS sessions from. These are steps moving toward KBS and audio file pairing which at this time is not possible. For KBS to sync with audio it has to be played on an external player connected to the AUX jack.

You can do a lot with tap tempo and isochronic beats like the one from iso-tones. You just have to learn the feel the pulse in groups of four like a musician would tapping out the beat. With practice you can get pretty good at this. Most sessions are simple in their structure with long ramps to and from frequencies.

I also have a few other ideas that I can try out. For instance for some tracks it might be possible to use tempo mapping software or even in some cases pitch shift elements of the audio track into AudioStrobe range. SpectraStrobe has closely filtered signal bands so it would be harder to separate them, although I can, it wouldn't really use the lights effectively. Using envelope followers is another option. Pretty advanced audio stuff overall, but I like to experiment, although results arent' guaranteed.

Really it depends on how much you are willing to learn. You sound motivated and that is good. We certainly are willing to help you acheive satisfaction with putting the content you desire on the Kasina.

Tell me a track you are interested in and I'll see what can be done.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Neuroasis, I liked this one: Dream Walker from http://www.iso-tones.com/index.php/tones/recreational.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

This particular track was pretty easy because it had a noise background that went all the way up to 10khz in the spectrum. So I only had to pitch shift the track and then apply a filter to keep the AudioStrobe signal.

Here it is with AudioStrobe added.

DreamWalker

The track is originally found here http://www.iso-tones.com/index.php/tones/recreational . All rights and credit go to the original author at Iso-Tones.com and is shared by allowance of the Creative Commons license.

Best,
    Scott

Thank a lot. Very much appreciated.

Thread Information