Thread: Sanitary covers for glasses?

Default Sanitary covers for glasses?

Hello all, we are about to start using the Kasina on any of our physical therapy customers who choose to do so and will be lying quiet for 30 minutes at a time.

What would you recommend we use as a sanitary cover on/over the glasses? We have searched for a tissue type disposable sanitary cover, similar to headphone covers, with no luck.

Or, would you just sanitize them in front of the customer before placing them over their eyes? Our one worry is that we do not want to irritate any skin that comes into contact with the sanitizer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sanitary covers for glasses?

This is a responsible thing to do for client assurance. I would think it would be best to use a sanitizing wipe prior to putting them on the client rather than a cover which can interfere with the comfort of the glasses and create a distracting element. Of course, you might want a cover available if a client requests it. Maybe a bit of surgical type tape at key areas (nose piece, end of ear piece and along the top of the frames)

I thought that this topic was relevant pertaining to 3d glasses in movie theaters: http://www.visualworldproducts.com/V...e_Glasses.html

I can research more if needed and would be interested to know what the settled upon solution turns out to be.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

As far as some type of cover, tissue or not, I would be interested in hearing from anyone if they know of a product that would work. Otherwise, we will start out with an anti-bacterial wipe of some sort. I definitely do not want to whip out a Clorox sanitary wipe and then put them directly on their face. I will need a milder alcohol product with as much sanitizing power as possible.

I also do not want to adversely affect the material that the glasses are made of with a harsh product.

Scott, thanks for the link to visualworldproducts.com. Extremely relevant and I would have never found that article without your direction, my friend.

This is the reason that I love hang around/lurking on this forum. I learn something new all of the time, and you are always promptly on top of your customer service. I cannot stop recommending your products because of this.

Blog Entries

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I have searched all over the web and can't find any product designed for this purpose. I saw those Zeiss sanitary headphone covers but there appears nothing for glasses. Just general guidelines (and controversy) for 3d glasses in movie theaters.

There are some sanitizing products that might be mild enough. Search Amazon for instance for cosmetic sanitizing wipes (for makeup applications) and also baby sanitizing wipes. Both of these categories take the eyes into account.

Hope this helps and again please share your solution so all may benefit.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

We are using the headphone covers already. They are perfect.

We will probably go with the sanitizing wipes, until someone complains or objects. We will then ask the customer what would please them. If I have to I will open a brand, new one and then sell it to her/him.

Thanks again for your time, Scott. We will be in touch.

Thread Information