Thread: How do I know it is charging?

1. Default How do I know it is charging?

Just got the Kasina. Trying to follow the directions exactly.

Plugged in the charger and connected the cord to it and plugged it into the Kasina. Nothing lights up. Is that normal? How do I know when it is fully charged? Do I just assume it is after 4, 6, 8 hours?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do I know it is charging?

That's not typical, no. However, LiIon batteries do slowly self discharge over a period of time, so I wouldn't raise the alarm bells quite yet. Give it an overnight charge in a wall outlet and then we can have a better idea. The charging indicator is on the interface so if that wasn't coming up then there would be no indication. However, if it is plugged in then most likely it is charging.

Please report back tomorrow and we will see if anything else needs to be addressed. After a full charge almost surely everything will resume normally. Sorry for the scare but be assured that if this unit needs attention then we will respond quickly.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do I know it is charging?

Quote Originally Posted by pjtrades View Post
    Plugged in the charger and connected the cord to it and plugged it into the Kasina. Nothing lights up. Is that normal?
    Yes, that's normal. It doesn't power itself on when connected to USB power. You need to press and hold the power button to turn on the Kasina whether it's powered by USB or it's internal battery.

How do I know when it is fully charged?
    When the battery indicator on the top right of the Kasina screen shows 5 green bars, it's fully charged.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default Re: How do I know it is charging?

Thanks for your responses. They were helpful. Everything appears to be working fine.

Paul

Thread Information