Thread: Should I get a Procyon now or wait?

Question Should I get a Procyon now or wait?

Hi all.
    I'm new here.
    I recently got NeuroProgrammer, which led me to a renewed interest in the light & sound or mind machines.

I was about ready to purchase a MindSpa when I came across the procyon.
    It sounds fantastic, but I'm unsure of a couple of things.

I get the impression from some of the posts that maybe it's still kind of a beta version. Do I understand that some things like the BioConnect are not available yet?
    I was kind of hoping to also get the ThoughtStream BioFeedback gizmo to go with it. Is that not something that would work at this time?
    If not, is there any timetable for when it will be?

I'm kind of tempted to go ahead and get a MindSpa now and wait a while for the Procyon. Of course getting the MindSpa now would put a serious (financial) delay on when I could get the Procyon!

So can someone convince me that I should go ahead and dive in with the Procyon right now?

Pros & Cons?

Many thanks for any help/suggestions.

Mantra

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should I get a Procyon now or wait?

Hi Mantra,

Buy the Procyon now.

I get the impression from some of the posts that maybe it's still kind of a beta version. Do I understand that some things like the BioConnect are not available yet?
    The BioConnect is something that will be coming out with the PreSage (a biofeedback machine) - nothing will change hardware wise in the Procyon to allow this connection. So the Procyon is not a beta version, it is fully functional. Any posts you've seen likely have to do with the PreSage, which is currently in development.

I'm kind of tempted to go ahead and get a MindSpa now and wait a while for the Procyon. Of course getting the MindSpa now would put a serious (financial) delay on when I could get the Procyon!
    Well, if you buy the MindSpa now, you will be spending a lot of money on a product that not only doesn't do as much as the Procyon, nor will you ever be able to connect it to any of our biofeedback machines. I don't know if the MindSpa can be connected to any biofeedback machine? If it can't, then why bother with it at all?

If you buy a Procyon now, you will have a light and sound machine that is far superior to the MindSpa and you will only have to buy a biofeedback machine when you want to connect the two together.

So can someone convince me that I should go ahead and dive in with the Procyon right now?
    Pros & Cons?
    The Procyon is leading edge L&S technology. Our machines are simply better than anyone else's. The person who created the MindSpa is a former employee (sales person for Mindplace). So why not buy a machine from the company that has been around a whole lot longer and has a better grasp on the technology, not to mention - a company that offers superior customer support.

At least with the Procyon - you can use it as a stand alone light and sound machine and, as such, you can do more with it now, than you could with the MIndSpa. You can create your own programs with the Procyon. You can use the Ganzfeld feature. The Procyon has the widest flicker rate value in machines - up to 75 Hz. You can do much more with this machine as a stand alone unit than you can with the MindSpa. PLUS - when Bioconnect becomes available (PreSage) the machines will be compatible.

I will see what further information I can find to answer your question in more detail concerning the Procyon and biofeedback.
    Last edited by Marisa; 04-20-2007 at 11:43 AM.

3. Default Re: Should I get a Procyon now or wait?

Seems like the question should be: Should I get a ThoughtStream now or wait for the new device?

The answer being - wait.

I'm surprised when Procyon was put together supporting the new BioConnect2 interface that backward compatibility with existing products wasn't assured. Given that BioConnect already existed I would be surprised if it was that difficult to support that interface in tandem with the new one.

Regards
    Caleb

Thanks for the replies.
    Ok, do I understand then that the Procyon does NOT work with the ThouhtStream? The BioConnect will work with a NEW biofeedback device called PreSage.
    Is that right?
    Is there any time frame for its release?

Thanks,
    Dan

Blog Entries

Hi Caleb,

I'm surprised when Procyon was put together supporting the new BioConnect2 interface that backward compatibility with existing products wasn't assured. Given that BioConnect already existed I would be surprised if it was that difficult to support that interface in tandem with the new one.
    I think you misunderstand the intent here. The Procyon was created with the intent of working with the PreSage, not the ThoughtStream. The PreSage will replace the ThoughtStream so there is no backward compatibility issues. The only thing is that because of how we design our products, software (open software) can be created to make the machines compatible with earlier products. That's the beauty of having programmable machines! Did I mention .... the MindSpa is not programmable.

M.
    Last edited by Marisa; 04-21-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Hi Dan,

Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    Ok, do I understand then that the Procyon does NOT work with the ThouhtStream? The BioConnect will work with a NEW biofeedback device called PreSage.
    Is that right?
    Is there any time frame for its release?

Thanks,
    Dan
    Yes, you are correct. At the moment the Procyon does not work with the ThoughtStream. I say "at the moment" because it is possible to modify the ThoughtStream program to do this. If there is a programmer out there who wants to develop some open source software .... there's a project for you.

Time frame on the PreSage. I will ask but I haven't heard anything yet.

M.

Thread Information