Thread: Using my existing brainwave mp3's

1. Default Using my existing brainwave mp3's

I have quite a collection of brainwave mp3's that I bought over the years & I wondered if they would be ok to put through the editor for my Kasina. I know that there may be a copyright issue but if I am only using the stuff for myself & I have the originals is there a problem. If its ok then do I have to do anything more than convert the mp3's to ss. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Using my existing brainwave mp3's

Hi Grouchy,

There is no problem to load the files you have as mp3s to the Kasina. You only need to plug in the Kasina to your computer by a USB cable. The SD card in the Kasina will load as 'drive' on your computer. Then you can copy the mp3s to it.

However, unless the mp3s contain AudioStrobe the lights will not flash in a programmed manner. No other SpectraStrobe files exist outside the ones we have released or ones that people have made for themselves with Transparent software. The ColorOrgan will still flash the lights along with the files, but it probably won't be at the brainwave rates as set in the files.

This is not a missing feature or something we have overlooked. It is simply not possible to read the entrainment settings from an audio file to add light tracks. (or not so without extreme manual work, even then unlikely)

Hope this helps,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

3. Default Re: Using my existing brainwave mp3's

Thanks Scott, Its just so annoying all the money I have spent over the years buying these brainwave & subliminal mp3's. I would have loved to have been able to ramp them up with the help of the session editor, but I do understand what you are saying. At the moment I am getting more from my Kasina that I got from my Procyon AV, not that it wasn't a good product but the Kasina seems to have opened new doorways for me. Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries

Understood. I actually did play some again today with a piece of software called BAVSA: http://uazu.net/bavsa/ . It does a reasonable job on some things. Like with a couple of the Kelley Howell ones I have, I got reasonable results. It takes a while to get your head around how this software works. Even then, you are making a lot of educated guesses. I will probably make a video on how to use it as your request is something that comes up somewhat often.

Still, there is no easy way. But if you enjoy sleuthing and tweaking, then you can at least get an approximation.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

5. Default Re: Using my existing brainwave mp3's

Thanks Scott, I have just downloaded the free BAVSA software & will work on a favourite brainwave track to get used to the quirks. I understand this mind machine technology is still in its infancy even though its been out for some years now, but eventually with popularity will come better integration. I love my machines & I love being the experiment.

Once again thank you for your help.

Blog Entries

I truly hope that going forward producers of brainwave entrainment audio will include light tracks by default. With the ease and possibilities of color mixing with SpectraStrobe there is no reason that they shouldn't. It can only expand their market.

With the integration with the top software NP3 and MWS it makes it even easier. Also users of music production software should have no problem integrating SpectraStrobe.

So, we hope to see more and more light tracks included. After all they are inaudible and thus do not affect the music mix at all.

7. Default Re: Using my existing brainwave mp3's

I whole heartedly agree with you Scott, I would have thought by now that the producers would have caught up with the technology by now, who knows why they are not including light tracks, I did ask but all I was told was that there was not enough call for it at the moment. Anyway all my Brainwave, Subliminal & i.Dose stuff will have to just sit until I get to a stage where I can get the hang of BAVSA software, I have also downloaded the free Gnaural software which is said to be good too. Will see if its any easier for me.
    Once again thanks for your quick response.

Thread Information