Thread: New Owner questions

Default New Owner questions

Hi, I own a Procyon and just decided to order a Kasina. I was wondering if I could post a few questions to the group. Am I correct in understanding that you can hook up a DVD player to the Kasina and, through its Color Organ software, have the music translated into light patterns you view with the glasses? If this is so, does anyone have any experience doing this with the Hemi-Sync CDs that incorporate binaural beats in the background to affect brainwave activity?

many thanks,
    Brian

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Owner questions

Hello Brian;

You can connect up an external audio player (be it an mp3 player, iPod, computer, CD player or whatever) to the Kasina and use the colour organ feature to cause the LEDs in the Ganzframes to respond. There are colour settings and other settings that can change the way it responds to the music, but it uses the music signals themselves to create it's lightshow. Therefore, music with a distinct beat will probably work the best.
    If you don't like the lightshow that is created this way, you can always create your own using any of the many AudioStrobe or SpectraStrobe creation tools available.
    In the future, you will also be able to listen to music and have the lightshow controlled by a KBS session.

Plenty of options and possibilities!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hi Brian,
    Binaural beat cds (like Hemi Sync) will act the same as regular music. Binaural beats, by the way they are made, only produce the 'perception' of a beat pulse. This is not something that the Color Organ can track. However, the music on the discs will trigger the colors. Now, cds that have isochronic pulses will trigger the Color Organ in a controlled fashion depending on the frequency of the source. For instance, you could connect your Procyon and many of its sessions would trigger the Color Organ.

Scott
    Last edited by neuroasis; 06-19-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thank you, Andy and Scott. It is clear I have a lot of learning to do. many thanks for your replies.

Brian

Blog Entries

We are very happy to help. Feel free to ask any questions. If I ever use jargon that is not clear please ask for a more sensible response. We are all learning.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information