Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream Recall

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Dream Recall

A session for encouraging dream recall after taking a 90 minute nap.

https://soundcloud.com/neuroasis/dream-recall

The embedded streaming player from SoundCloud is only 128kbps.. so the AudioStrobe won't work streaming.

I have used a lot of interesting ideas and would like to get people's feedback on the session.

Best regards,
    Scott

Track Description on SoundCloud

Dream Recall is a brainwave entrainment track with AudioStrobe light encoding embedded. It is designed to help with recalling your dreams.

It is 90 minutes in length. To use, set aside some time to take a nap and let the beginning of the session lull you to sleep. It ramps down to Delta waves to facilitate this.

At brief intervals roughly corresponding to 'sleep' spindle stages, quick ramps of theta frequencies are introduced with light flashes to raise your awareness. At the close of the session tibetan blows slowly wake you up as the frequencies ramp back to theta and then alpha.

The idea is to take a nap consisting of a full sleep cycle of 90 minutes and gently awake. Lie still and consciously seek to recall your dreams. Vividly try and revisit them.

You can download the track as a high quality 320kbps MP3. This preserves the AudioStrobe light encoding

Please share your results.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Default Re: Dream Recall

Hi Scott.
    Thanks for this Session I'm looking foreward to try it.Regrettfully I seldom remember my dreams but just lately I found out that if my friend is snoring really loud at night it helps me to remeber up to 5 dreams per night.And as you describe it this Session uses the same technique so I guess it will work too.
    Esthy

Blog Entries

I've had that problem before too... until I got older and then started to snore myself and that fixed it!
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Invitation to Dreamland 100x150cm 723009.JPGI had a similar experience to krosskin
    I tryed the Session this afternun and did not really fall asleep but stayed in that realm between wake and sleep. But I had some really nice and vivid visions(which not often happens with other sessions)
    Next time I will try it during nighttime cause I'm not used to take a nap during the day.But what I already can say is that you created a potent and powerfull Session and that I like it..Thaaanks Scott for sharing it.
    Esthy

Blog Entries

Hi Thalassa,
    I'm glad you are experimenting with the session and having good results. Please continue to report your findings.

See my detailed discussion of some aspects of the session here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...0538#post10538

6. Default Re: Dream Recall

I also really enjoyed this session - there is a bright vision, and even as I wrote, I saw the answer to your question that asked before the session. But there is one problem - Function of the AS Proteus off for 80 minutes. can not listen to the end of the session

Blog Entries

Ah, damn you are right.. I didn't consider that. The Proteus only considered AudioStrobe coming from a CD which was limited to 74 minutes. That is unless any button on the Proteus is pressed. Probably you want to press the bottom button. I wonder if you could overcome this by pressing a button early in the session like 8 minutes or so in? Of course that might break your relaxation. I could make the session 10 minutes shorter if you want.

8. Default Re: Dream Recall

If it is possible - it would be great. I first thought that faulty or the batteries of the Proteus, but then read the user manual and .... time limit. Is it possible to reprogram the Proteus whatever mode audiostrob he worked longer?

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Dream Recall

Hey krosskin,
    Here is a 75 minute version of the session. Same session just shorter. For others this will overcome the automatic shutdown at 80 minutes on the Proteus.

Attached.

Best,
    Scott

If you have trouble downloading the attached file, here is another link.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

You can disable the auto-off on both the Procyon and Proteus. A thread about that is here. You can ignore the stuff about how to update the OS on the Proteus, I assume you're already well above version 2.5?

That manual really needs to be updated!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information