Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kasina Sessions on Procyon

Default Kasina Sessions on Procyon

Is it possible to play Kasina sessions on Procyon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Kasina Sessions on Procyon

Well, yes and no.
    The Kasina sessions are music files with embedded control tracks for the Ganzframes.
    So, the SpectraStrobe tracks won't work directly on the Procyon, but any of the AudioStrobe tracks can be played through the Procyon using it's AS mode. The KBS sessions (which are actually converted Sirius sessions) could probably be created for the Procyon, by copying the session parameters into the Procyon Editor. The Color Organ tracks wouldn't control the Procyon, but again you could play them through the Procyon while running a session if you like the music of those tracks.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

How about the other way round
    Will there be any Procyon sessions be available(converted) for the Kasina in the future.?
    Esthy

Blog Entries

To some degree, but they won't be exactly the same... I am working on conversion utilities. Mind Workstation will be necessary though. If you don't have a Procyon Thalassa you might want to get one and try it.. I know that sounds like a sales pitch, sorry about that. But the light delivery and experiences are very different from the Kasina. Both are unique in their own way.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Focus 101 Focus Electronics GmbH, Wien.jpg
    Hi Scott
    I have the Procyon and thought I could make it a gift to a friend if I could play the sessions on Kasina cause its a waste to have so many Machines and not to use them.I also have the David Delight Pro and one of the first Mind Machines the Focus 101 (picture)
    this is a real "Dinosaur" of a Mind Machine made in Austria in 1990 out of one massive aluminium piece probaply belongs to the museum......

Blog Entries

Wow that's cool I haven't seen that one before... Robert at the MindPlace office has sort of a Mind Machine museum there too.. That's kind too think of gifting the Procyon. However, because it is a unique machine itself, the Kasina will never match it exactly.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    I also have the David Delight Pro and one of the first Mind Machines the Focus 101 (picture)
    this is a real "Dinosaur" of a Mind Machine made in Austria in 1990 out of one massive aluminium piece probaply belongs to the museum......
    Very cool!
    If you check out the timeline on the MindPlace FB page, You'll see all the products MP made, starting in about 1988.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks for sharing that photo... I saw a Focus 101 when visiting Germany in the early 1990s, and thought the developers had the museum in mind... as I recall it came in an attractive, felt-lined wooden box, cost over $1000, and used the same audio (SID chips) that we had used in the MindsEye and Synergizer series. As far as I recall, there was just one production run. Maybe Apple was inspired by that case machined out of a block of solid aluminum... :-)

-Robert

9. Default Re: Kasina Sessions on Procyon

Just reviving this thread ;-) as I came across some Procyon sessions that I found interesting.
    Is the mentioned converter from Procyon to KASINA avaiable - or a migration protocol via software?

Best regards
    Michael

Blog Entries

Hi Mike,
    The SpectraStrobe sessions are audio, Procyon sessions are binary files. Some can be converted through Mind Workstation but it is pain-staking. When the new KBS format is released then additional work oh conversion will be done. The sessions even then won't be exactly the same as the Procyon's processor and operating system is dedicated to the primary task of decoding its format. The Kasina has many other tasks to perform.

Best,
    Scott

Thread Information