Thread: changing volume + session for hypnosis

Default changing volume + session for hypnosis

Now that i received my Kasina, I have started to test it out. What is still unclear to me is how to change the volume of a session--sometimes the volume of a session is a bit low and I want to increase the volume for that session, to suit my preference. How do I do that? Am I missing something?

I would like to use the Kasina while listening to some hypnosis mp3's. Which session would be best for that? I have no additional software, so I'll need to rely on existing included sessions.

thanks, I am looking forward to exploring the device further.

Blog Entries

Default Re: changing volume + session for hypnosis

The volume control for the Kasina is on the side of the unit. Does that work for you or am I misunderstanding what you're looking to do?
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

You can also go under the menu Settings - Audio - Max Volume... and change the maximum volume for the Kasina. We had to limit it to a certain level for release for regulations in various countries.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Greetings colablikje. Welcome to the Forum!

To better answer your question with respect to use with hypnosis MP3s, it depends on what you're trying to achieve:

1) Are you wanting to get the audio entrainment (which would not be a good idea if your MP3 already has entrainment tones in them (i.e. a binaurals, isochronic tones), as they could compete with each other), visual lights to go with your MP3, or both?
    2) What is your planned setup? Will you be playing the MP3 on a computer or stereo in the background vs connecting an audio device to the Kasina's AUX socket, and hoping to listen to the MP3, and the Kasina session's tones through headphones?

If you're just after lights to go with your MP3, you can try the ColorOrgan option (although it might not give much of a show if there is no real background beat in your MP3). Another option is to pick one of the included sessions (the Meditate category should go nicely with hypnosis) and just wear the glasses without connecting to the Audio output if you don't want the sounds on the sessions to compete with the hypnosis script (while listening to your MP3 on another device). Also remember that the Kasina comes with the Basic Editor software, so you do not need to buy additional software to make custom sessions if you want more options.

With respect to connecting an audio device to the Kasina and listening to both the internal session sound AND the MP3 sound, I can't test it myself to confirm if this would work correctly as I temporarily do not have my unit (day 2 of Kasina withdrawal), so maybe someone else can give an answer on that one.

Thanks, this is really useful.
    With respect to the volume, i was actually looking for a way to control the volume through the wheel of the device, like it is done with an ipod. The control on the side of the unit work as well, of course.

Re the hypnosis mp3's, I have a bunch of hypnosis mp3's that do not have any sound to them, just the voice of the hypnotist. I am thinking about transferring these mp3's to the sd card and play the mp3 while adding a lighting pattern to enhance the hypnosis. The CO wouldn't be of much use, since there is only the talking voice it could repond to.
    Alternatively, I am considering to play the mp3 through the aux input and add some sounds and lights offered by the kasina. Could I just use any meditation session for that, or does it make a difference which one to use?

Hypnosis would probably work best with either the Meditation, Rejuvenation, or Trance sessions, as the frequencies are intended to bring the user into a more relaxed state, which would entrain the mind nicely in preparation of hypnotic suggestions (Night Voyage might get you too relaxed, and hypnosis might not be as effective if you've fallen asleep). It's going to be a matter of personal preference on which session you use. I would try to pick a session that is close to the length as your MP3 if using them together (the included Kasina Basic Editor software can come in handy here as it can generate a random relaxation session of whatever length you want), and alternate the sessions after a while (since repeating the same one can get stale and less effective). Regardless, the best session is going to be the one that is the most relaxing, so you might have to do some experimenting to find out which works best for you. Enjoy!

Thread Information