Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update requests

1. Default Update requests

The kasina is an awesome machine with so much capability!
    There are a few suggestions i have to improve the user experience
    1 when in audio strobe mode it would be great to be able to cycle through the color sets using the up and down button to be able to switch back and forth through the color sets,right now we have to cycle through all of them.
    2 it would be great to be able to get a live feed to the glasses through the AUX port when using the spectra strobe mode in TKE so we could listen on loudspeakers and use the light glasses.
    3 A two way spliter for additional glasses would be great.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Update requests

I tend to agree with you on #1 although there is not another button position available. In doing sessions, especially as my state of mind gets altered, I will be switching through ColorSets and find something I like for a while and then switch away, then try to go back and forget that the UP button switches to Color Organ, so the experience totally changes. Or I thought 'hey this is a really good bit of AS programming' and then look and it is the Color Organ. Not a big deal... but could be improved.

Maybe double click could go back? Or double click on up... could be switch to the Color Organ? This requires more coding and timers to figure out what a double click is and then short circuits rapidly switching items on the list. See there are always trade-offs.

On #2 can this be split at the sound source with separate feeds to the AUX and house mixer/speakers? Or am I misunderstanding the request?

On #3 We will probably want to do this but it is surprising how difficult it is to find splitters with our wiring. The Procyon ones were almost impossible to source. Manufacturing them is costly but if there is enough demand... maybe a Kickstarter campaign or pre-orders could justify it. Anyway, this early in the Kasina life cycle there is simply not enough systems out there. But 2 or more person sessions is awesome. Talk about a mind meld.

Also, you could just buy another Kasina
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psymatic View Post
    The kasina is an awesome machine with so much capability!
    We think it's pretty cool too. Glad you like it!

There are a few suggestions i have to improve the user experience
    2 it would be great to be able to get a live feed to the glasses through the AUX port when using the spectra strobe mode in TKE so we could listen on loudspeakers and use the light glasses.
    If you are meaning that you want to hear the audio being sent via USB to the Kasina through your loudspeakers, just plug them into the headphone output on the Kasina! The AUX port is an audio INPUT to the Kasina.

3 A two way spliter for additional glasses would be great.
    See here.

Thank you.
    You're very welcome!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Andy,
    Have you confirmed that this splitter works with all the channels of the Kasina? I may have misspoken and would be happy to be corrected.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Hey cool, it does work.. I don't have that exact splitter but the one I do have works, so that one should... That is freaking cool. I never tested this. Thanks for pointing me and Psymatic in the proper direction.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neuroasis View Post
    Andy,
    Have you confirmed that this splitter works with all the channels of the Kasina? I may have misspoken and would be happy to be corrected.
    Yeah, both the Procyon and Kasina use the same TRRS connection. I tested it here and it works.
    Would be nice to find a decent source for these so we could carry them!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I ordered a splitter from that S Korean eBay source, and it worked fine and had excellent build quality. But he said he was making them by hand and could not sell us a quantity of them conveniently. Pretty much all the '4 conductor splitters' I've seen over the past two years actually 4 > 3 channel splitters, intended for use with smart phones, with mic on one splitter and headphone on the other.

-Robert

Another update Suggestion .It would be great if it where possible to listen to an intern SD-Card audiofile during a SP Session.
    So one could create a SP Session without audio and then choose from the SD-Card .
    And it also would be great if the original Sessions on the KASINA would be available without audio or as MWS files to change the sounds.
    Esthy

Blog Entries

Hello Thalassa;

By SP do you mean Spectra-Strobe? You can do what you want currently, but you'll need another music player in addition to the Kasina. Listen to whatever music you like on your music player while wearing the Ganzframes plugged into the Kasina, running whatever session you like.
    -Andy.

Yes SP for Spectra-Strobe and I know that I need another musicplayer I meant this for a Kasina Update Suggestion.
    Esthy

Thread Information