Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Left / Right // max and min pulse rates

1. Default Alternate Left / Right // max and min pulse rates

Hello,

Looks really interesting.

Can the design software access the left and right audio and visual separately?

Alternate the sound and light?

What is the lowest and highest pulse rates for sound and for light?

Thanks

Default Re: Alternate Left / Right // max and min pulse rates

Hi,

Interesting... yes. One of those things that will, even if only impressed by the pretty lights, be something new to almost everyone.

To your questions, mostly yes...

MWS and MuLab (and anything else that can deliver the required signals can independently access (and export) the full 6-channel light control (left RGB/right RGB) and 2-channel (stereo) audio. Details of the control signals are freely available.

The light pulses are embedded in the audio - whatever waveforms/frequencies you use in the software will appear in the lights well up into frequencies well beyond the slightest perceptible flicker. Likewise, audio - if your software can do it, the Kasina can within its (surprisingly good) audio specs, play it.

The internal synth (.kbs) is currently limited to single channel RGB - this will be upgraded with future firmware releases.

Cheers,
    Craig

Blog Entries

The KBS format does support light phase and sound phase adjustments. So you can alternate the stimulation. However, in the current format you cannot set differing frequencies for the left/right eye/ear channels. In KBS the frequency range is 0.01Hz to 65Hz. Using SpectraStrobe it is practically not quite as high before 'flicker fusion'. On the low end being audio, there is not much of a limit... (although there is of course a limit to entrainable frequencies) Still there is a very usable high to low range.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

4. Default Re: Alternate Left / Right // max and min pulse rates

Not sure how to interpret that information....

what I want to do is to encourage neuronal activity across the corpus collosum, laterally, from the left to right hemisphere, then back.

This could be at different pulse rates, from one for every say 2 seconds, up to the high gamma range.

Not talking about binaural beats...this is about one pulse beat left, then one pulse beat right.

Audio and visual could be synched or out of phase 180.

Is that possible?

Thank you.

Blog Entries

this is about one pulse beat left, then one pulse beat right.
    Quick answer:
    In the KBS format, yes - with light channel phase alteration (each eye pulsing together transferable to one pulse left, one pulse right in alternating mode).
    With SpectraStrobe, yes - with light channel phase alteration, with pan position or by programming different frequencies per eye (with attendant phase alignment/cancellation).

Long answer:
    The glasses are wired with 6 channels. 3 Light channels per eye. Red, Green and Blue. Audio is stereo.

The KBS session format configures a single frequency for the light and sound settings across all channels. The phase of light and sound can be adjusted independently of each other. For sound you can set a different pitch for each channel to create binaural beats. The audio stream can also be modulated to produce isochronic pulses.

With SpectraStrobe, you can control all 6 light channels independently. Each light channel can have a different frequency, brightness, phase, waveform, etc.. You also have control of a pan position for each light channel, which in practice alters the brightness balance between the eyes. You can have complete control of the timing, waveform, pulse width, brightness (color mixing)... and so on. Almost unlimited and unimaginable control.

One initial observation: The SpectraStrobe decoder seems to 'saturate' more quickly than the onboard synthesizer at high frequency settings. Thus the ceiling for the highest effective frequency ranges may be a bit lower. More tests should be done to determine the range and validity of the previous statement.

I hope this answers your question satisfactorily, if not let us know.
    Last edited by neuroasis; 12-14-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

Also, vantojo, I just read a similar question you had posted about this with the Procyon. http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...eting-sessions

The Kasina addresses this where the Procyon could not without using precise external sound files. The Kasina will do what you want.

Blog Entries

So as to be really clear here.. the Phase setting in the Procyon editor alters the phase of the lights in reference to each other. Not across the left and right eyes. So Red with a phase of 128 and Green with a phase of 0 would produce flashes of Red then Green... Red/Green... Red/Green and so on in both eyes. So an 'alternating' mode is really not possible. You can place the sound out of phase with the lights. It is more so the wiring of the light output (and the code that supported this).. so even sound files as suggested above wouldn't help.

The Proteus can produce an 'alternating' mode. onboard or with AudioStrobe.

On the Kasina you can also produce an 'alternating' mode but much more than that too.

8. Default Re: Alternate Left / Right // max and min pulse rates

Quote Originally Posted by vantojo View Post
    Hello,

Looks really interesting.

Can the design software access the left and right audio and visual separately?

Alternate the sound and light?

What is the lowest and highest pulse rates for sound and for light?

Thanks
    With Mind Workstation, you can do this quite easily using either Audiostrobe or Spectrastrobe. There are even sample sessions for such protocols included out of the box.

9. Default Re: Alternate Left / Right // max and min pulse rates

Quote Originally Posted by brewmasher View Post
    With Mind Workstation, you can do this quite easily using either Audiostrobe or Spectrastrobe. There are even sample sessions for such protocols included out of the box.

Do you mean that you can pulse the left and right lights separately? In alternation?

As well as the left and right audio separately? In alternation?

Thx

Blog Entries

MWS will do it easily.. here is a video I made making it so...

Thread Information