Thread: Beginner

1. Default Beginner

Hi, I bought a procyon a few weeks ago and find that when I use for about 15 minutes my feet and hands go completely numb, so much so that it feels uncomfortable and I have to move about to get the blood flowing properly again. I am also experiencing a few headaches and eye strain.

I have got quite poor vision in my right eye and just wondered if it might be worth using the software editor to increase the brightness level on the right side to 'balance' the light during a session or does it not really matter?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Beginner

Hello Steve;

That is quite an unusual reaction. I've never heard of that before! Perhaps you should try the device while lying in bed or someplace more comfortable than where you're currently using it. Try one of the relaxation presets.

If you are experiencing eyestrain, you should try the Procyon with the brightness set lower.

Adjusting the left vs right brightness would make no difference, and the Procyon does not have controls to do so.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Beginner

Thanks very much Andy for reply, I am actually lying down when doing a session but I will try sitting up. It does not happen all the time, but first time last week it was my feet that went numb, but this week it was my hands -very strange. I was actually hoping that other users had experienced this.......

Blog Entries

Let us know what ends up working for you, in case someone in the future runs into this problem.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Greetings--I'm at a bit of a loss regarding how the Procyon could cause numbness in your hands, feet, or anywhere. Do you have any known neurological or cardiovascular issues? Have you had this sort of experience before, when not using the Procyon? Also I agree with Andy that lower brightness would be better if you have experienced any eyestrain.

6. Default Re: Beginner

Hi Robert, no this numbness has never happened before and I am not aware of any other problems etc, only thing I can think of then is I stopped smoking about 4 weeks ago and I am taking some nicotine replacement, perhaps this is having some kind of effect? I will carry on using the machine and let you know if this numbness continues.
    I will also try with a lower brightness setting to see if this helps the headaches etc....

Thanks very much for the reply

Steve

Thanks, Steve, and do keep us posted! Hopefully some of these experiences might bring you some joy...

-Robert

8. Default Re: Beginner

Hi, thanks very much for the replies. The numbness in hands and feet seem to have disappeared when using the machine now - thank goodness!

I bought this machine for a number of reasons and not just for one particular issue etc and I am just trying to get my head around it by trying different programs. Below are a few reasons why I bought

1. I have been memory training using mnemonics for approx 10 months off and on and made some good progress memorizing numbers and cards at speed, and I have bought the machine to improve my concentration.

2. I can get stressed out easily and over the years I seem to have developed a very negative attitude in my brain thinking. Problems that seem to crop up in my life can spiral downwards easily by always thinking the worse possible outcome in any event. I create scenarios that may never happen. This is not a good place to be in and hopefully with this machine and learning meditation techniques I can change this way of thinking. Anyone got any tips?

3. I love learning and gaining knowledge and would love to have better concentration levels and learn new material quicker.

I would love to be able to monitor my brainwave patterns and get a baseline, and be able to see any progress that may develop. The cost of eeg machines are way out of what I can afford at the moment, but are there any cheaper machines that can do the job?

Thanks very much

Steve

Blog Entries

Hi Steve;

I'm happy to hear that things are improving.

Here's some threads that may help you discover the best way to meditate and relax:
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...Our-Mind-Works
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...-best-from-AVS
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...for-relaxation

And here's a thread regarding an inexpensive EEG machine.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: Beginner

Thanks Andy, those links are very interesting.
    Just out of curiosity, after each session has ended - no matter what program I am on, Meditation, relaxation, quick learning or energy I always feel a bit spaced out and need to sit/lay quietly for about 10 minutes, then I am good to go. Do other members feel this way?

Thread Information