Thread: GanzFrames

Default GanzFrames

Well, I just ordered ourselves a fancy new Procyon. My eyes are itching at the thought of it.

What I'd like to know at the moment is where can I get an additional set of GanzFrames? I assume I can use an audio splitter and plug 2 sets in like the Proteus.

But then assuming is naughty. Can someone educate me?

Thanks
    Rob

Blog Entries

Default Re: GanzFrames

Hi Rob!

You can order the frames from wherever you bought your Procyon.
    However, the Procyon uses a proprietary plug which cannot be split it to 2 connectors. It's a flat 4-conductor connector.

It's not really recommended to plug 2 sets of frames into one Proteus as it loads down the circuitry, the batteries will die quicker and the LEDs may be dimmer. It sounds like you have done this with the Proteus and had no troubles, but just be aware that you may be voiding your warranty by doing so.
    Last edited by Andy; 02-28-2007 at 04:20 AM. Reason: added info

Wink Re: GanzFrames

Thanks for the reply Andy,

I ordered it from mindmodulations, and they don't seem to have any.

Nevertheless, I don't fancy ruining our new system. But it is cool to be able to relax together at home with the same program. We are also planning on using it for meditative sessions with clients and friends.

Do you, or anyone else know how effective it would be to use a powered splitter? Something like this...

http://www.boostaroo.com/

I imagine that would stop the shelf life of the procyon from decreasing, but may fry the frames instead.

Blog Entries

Default Re: GanzFrames

Hi Rob;

The boostaroo is only for headphones. The signals coming out of a proteus for the lightframes are dc voltages. There's no active splitter that will work with that.

By the way, there's no real way to split the signal for the Procyon as it uses a flat 4-conductor plug. A headphone "Y" cable doesn't mate to that connector. Just thought of that now...

-Andy.

Thread Information