Thread: Questions about iso-tones

1. Default Questions about iso-tones

Hello, just created my account here as I need three things answering..

1. For some reason my USB connection won't work. I've installed the driver and editor, inserted the USB which is connected to the machine, but all that happens is that the unit turns on. When I open up Computer, the device isn't even there on the list. I've tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it without the cable inserted, but still nothing.

2. This is the first light and sound machine I've ever used, so I'm not really sure how the lights are measured. Is there anywhere that I can find out how to align the light flashing with the beats/tones I'm using?

3. I know the difference between binaural beats and isochronic tones, I use isochronic tones all the time, but the manual doesn't describe what each of the presets are in terms of if they're binaural or isochronic. The only reason this worries me is that binaural beats have been associated with seizures in the past, just look up news articles related to I-Doser, and anything else on Google when you type in "binaural Beats Seizures", so for this reason I prefer isochronic tones as they're more natural and work better on me than binaural beats. So yeah, my question is, how do I know which are binaurals and which ones are isochronics? They both sound the same.

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to using this device more.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions about iso-tones

Hello and Welcome!

I'll answer #1 and #2 in the Procyon forum, but this question about isochronic tones is more general to AVS.

The good news is, there's lots written on the forum regarding Isochronic tones. It's great reading so please do have a look at what's here, and if you like, comment within the appropriate thread. If the particular details you're interested in aren't already touched on, feel free to start a new thread.
    Here's a good starting point to get you going: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ic-frequencies
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information