Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon Librarian

Blog Entries

Default Procyon Librarian

Wrote a little utility that some might find useful. I call it the Procyon Librarian, and it allows you to create and modify Procyon Albums.

Works best on Vista/7 and presumably 8 (haven't tried it on 8) but it also works on XP, with the caveat that on XP the Drag/Drop reordering function doesn't work properly. (A limitation of XP) You can reorder using ctrl-arrows, and you can drag/drop to an album from an explorer window on all versions.

I haven't written any documentation for it as I think it should be pretty self-explanatory.
    The only thing to note is that the album and the sessions for that album must reside in the same folder on your computer.
    You can have any number of albums in that folder, each with their own sessions.
    Any sessions that are listed in the album but don't appear in that album's folder will be highlighted red.

Give it a try, let me know if it crashes or has bugs. It's simple enough so hopefully it should work properly.

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Librarian

Here's the program.
    Just unzip and put it wherever you would like on your computer. There's no install required.
    Delete the file/folder to get rid of it.

It should warn you if you don't have .NET, but it requires .NET 4, available here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Procyon Librarian

Cool!!! I have downloaded it and I will let you know next week if it works properly on Windows 8 (64-bit).

4. Default Re: Procyon Librarian

It works fine on Windows 8 too. I think it is very nice. It is also useful and practical to be able to modify an album this way. Just to be sure... One can only view sessions (Tools/View Sessions) which are not in the album (that is to say in the left panel), right?
    Occasionally I got an "unhandled exception" error when I tried to view a session in the left panel, but I think it has to do with the sessions rather than the librarian (it has also occasionally happened when trying to open a session in the editor).
    Last edited by HighVisions; 06-24-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for checking it out and your feedback.

Can you send me a session that causes the exception error? I haven't really worked on the session viewer much so there's likely a bug there that needs fixing.
    My e-mail is andy at mindplacesupport dot com.
    -Andy.

6. Default Re: Procyon Librarian

I will let you know as soon as it happens again. Right now I tried quite a few sessions and it didn't happen. I am sure it also happened with the editor but I didn't write down the names of the sessions because they worked fine with the Procyon, so it is probably a software issue.

Blog Entries

Ok, please do let me know if you see the error again.
    The viewer is just a "thrown in" addition to the software, so I haven't really tested it extensively. That being said, I haven't had it crash with any sessions I've tried. I'm not surprised that the viewer has bugs since I spent so little time on that feature, but I would like to fix it if I can find out what makes it crash.
    -Andy.

8. Default Re: Procyon Librarian

I actually meant that crashes occasionally also occur with the normal editor, not only the viewer of the librarian. Actually I remember there was a session that always crashed with the normal editor, but I don't remember which one. It was not one of the default sessions. The Procyon itself seems to work fine with all sessions.

Blog Entries

I understand completely.
    I would like to see that session if you ever find it.
    -Andy.

10. Default Re: Procyon Librarian

I will have a better look when I am better. I have been sick with the flu and am still a bit sick. I did open ALL sessions back then (there was a zip file with all sessions created by users on the mindmodulations site) to have a look at their length, and it is possible that one or two are or have become corrupted or that they have been created with an earlier version of the Editor and that there is a problem when opening them with the current version.

Thread Information