Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audiostrobe stopped working

1. Default Audiostrobe stopped working

I have no idea why but it just keeps the leds on all the time now. Used to work fine with bwgen and cd's etc.

Will reinstalling the latest OS fix it ?

Also where or how much to get som of those new ganzfeild goggles as i have the old style.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Audiostrobe stopped working

Hi Gareth;

The three color Ganzfield light frames only work with the Procyon. You can order ruby/emerald, ruby/sapphire, or white Ganzfield frames for the Proteus from Mindplace.com.

Here's some things to try with the audiostrobe:
    Make sure the CD player is working properly (can you hear the audiostrobe music?)
    Try changing the volume level of the CD player, lowering it until the lights flash.
    Try another patch cable between the Proteus and CD player.

Let us know if that helps.

-Andy.
    Last edited by Marisa; 02-17-2007 at 09:18 PM.

3. Default Re: Audiostrobe stopped working

I normally use it with bwgen software - not cd's.

I have tried different cables and batteries. I have tried changing the volume intensity.

Blog Entries

Hi Gareth;

How do you connect the bwgen software to the proteus?
    Can you turn down the volume of the bwgen software until the leds in the lightframes go out?

Quote Originally Posted by gareth View Post
    I normally use it with bwgen software - not cd's.

I have tried different cables and batteries. I have tried changing the volume intensity.
    Hi Gareth,

I've been fiddling around with bwgen on and off for a while now, and in fact it was my exposure to bwgen related discussions that led me to purchase my Proteus. Now I love my Proteus dearly, but in the beginning I was very disappointed at the interaction between said Proteus and bwgen; to wit, I had precisely the problems you describe. No one seemed to have an answer.

Well, after considerable playing around with bwgen I hit on a solution that worked for me. As I suspect this solution may be hardware dependent it may not work on your system but give it a try.

You need to do two things:

1. In bwgen, go into options>>configuration wizard

This is the same configuration wizard you probably encountered when you installed the program. Click the NEXT button 5 times to bring you to the "Configure AudioStrobe output 1/2" page.

There are two settings on that page: "Maximum brightness level" and "Audiostrobe signal waveform".

I have a feeling your Maximum brightness level is set set high, probably up around 100%. If so it needs to go lower. I had to set mine all the way down to 30% to effect a change.

Set the Audiostrobe signal waveform to sine wave. This is just a default, you can change it in the program later on a case by case basis.

Now hit the NEXT button again to bring you to the "Configure Audiostrobe output 2/2" page. There is one setting on this page: Brightness zero level.
    I set this down to 0% and it works just fine.

Click NEXT again to get to the exit page; then click FINISH.

2. Some of the included presets, not to mention some of the user generated presets, employ "noise" files that drive Proteus's Audiostrobe decoder berserk. If, after making changes in the Audiostrobe configuration as indicated above, you find that certain presets are still forcing your lights on, open bwgen and click on wave>>preset options to bring up the "Preset Options" page; then click on the NOISE tab. You can shut the noise file down on the preset you're listening to by choosing "No noise background" in the "Noise Volume" drop-down box.

Hope this helps you out.
    Regards,
    Mandrake

----------
    "Any sufficiently developed science is indistinguishable from Magic." - Arthur C. Clark

6. Default Re: Audiostrobe stopped working

I'm starting to wonder if its the sound card in my computer

I know this is an old thread but I never did get audiostrobe working again.

I use proteus a fair bit for meditation so it would be nice to get it working.

I downloaded a sound card oscilloscope app so I can test that theory.

Will try it with a CD - but the lights go on at full intensity as soon as I plug it into the computer.

It may be a simple setting related to the sound card or it may be related to a noise signal coming from the card.

7. Default Re: Audiostrobe stopped working

Gareth, I'd recommend getting a USB external sound card , well worth the cost. There is generally very little extraneous noise from them.

Mark

Blog Entries

Let us know if the Proteus works properly when you're using a CD player with a AudioStrobe CD.

-Andy.

9. Default Re: Audiostrobe stopped working

Problem was the AUX socket itself - they wear out or lose a good connection etc.

So all this time later I may solder a new on or just upgrade to a procyon

Blog Entries

Never heard of that happening before, but glad to hear you got to the bottom of it after 6 years! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information