Thread: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

Default Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

I both new Procyon and previously Neuro Programer. But I could not find method to transfer files either in wav, mp3 or ogg format.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

Hello and welcome!

You do not transfer the files into the Procyon. You merely connect the headphone output of your computer or device that will play the AudioStrobe file that's been created by NP3 to the AUX input on the Procyon. Set the Procyon to "AS" (AudioStrobe) mode, and run the AS setup in NP3 to calibrate it. Once it's calibrated, you can run the NP3 session.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

I have Neuroprogrammer 2 and have found when I include audio strobe in the build and then run it thorugh AS like Andy suggests, the setup that it doesn't come close to what Procyon can deliver. I don' t know about NP3 but mine only has choice of 2 lights. Pushing it through Procyon I feel is "dumbing it down".
    So what I do is I pick a program from Procyon that is the same length and style as my Neuroprogrammer session and then will wear just the glasses while listening to it.

Default Re: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

Hi Brett,

Audiostrobe is a two colour standard. At least with the Procyon you can use the editor to select which two colours. The analog and digital decoding options add interest too.

Cheers,
    Craig

5. Default Re: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

Hi Craig,

If my NP session is 45min it easier for me to just pick a 45min program from Procyon that gives me much more variation than working with the editor to remove one of the lights.

Thank you though for the idea. I use both frequently. In fact I have NP on while I writing this email. lol

Thanks,
    Brett

6. Default Re: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

Brett, I would think that running an Audio session that was not synced to an in built light session on the Procyon would completely defeat the purpose. Its the synced sound and light in an AS session from NP that does the work- or do you just use background sound in NP and don't bother with an audio pulse?

Cheers, Mark

7. Default Re: Is there any ways to fransfer files from Neuro Programer 3 to Procyon?

Mark, I'll use back ground sound from the NP and visual is Procyon. My NP session is running in the same frequencies as the glasses so I'm not real concerned with the complete syncing process.
    For me most of the pre built Procyon tracks jump from frequency to frequency to quickly anyway.
    Just as my mind is settling into some good visuals and thought process's it's jolted into something else.
    I've found personally that smoother transitions work best for what I'm trying to achieve.
    I just wish that Procyon was as easy to program as the Proteus. While not as many color features, the ease in programming is well worth it.
    thanks,
    Brett

Thread Information