Thread: New Proteus USB ?

1. Default New Proteus USB ?

I'm not clear about the new Proteus USB. The USB cable seems to have the a 3.5mm plug on one end. So is the Proteus unit itself actually changed or is the difference the inclusion of the new cable that adapts the unit to USB. Does it self power through this cable ? I see the cable listed for $20 seperately. Can I use this with my current Proteus to connect to the editor etc ?

Thanks in advance .

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Proteus USB ?

Hello!

Yes, the Proteus USB is a regular Proteus with a new custom-made USB to 3.5mm cable instead of the previous RS-232 to 3.5mm cable that was included with the older Proteus.

You can purchase this cable and use it with your existing Proteus.

The new cable does not power the Proteus. The Proteus can be powered by batteries or an AC adapter.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: New Proteus USB ?

Thanks Andy - I am doing most of my AVS from a notebook now so the new USB cable will be a handy addition for my Proteus.

Mark

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Proteus USB ?

Glad to hear it!

-Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information