Thread: Brain Wave Monitor

Default Brain Wave Monitor

Hi all,
    There is one rare book available with so many devices. One of them is Brain wave monitor. All schematics, part lists are given in this book.
    Check it out.
    How to build A lie Detector, brain wave monitor and other secret parapsychological electronics projects.
    I hope it helps.

Default Re: Brain Wave Monitor

Got a link or?

Blog Entries

A lie detector is essentially a biofeedback machine. The ones the police use measure heart rate as well as GSR. The Thoughtstream is a very inexpensive biofeedback machine and I think if one tried to build one themselves, they'd end up spending more money and the result would be an inferior product. Hmmm rare books on technology ... sounds like something that may be out of date and rare books tend to be costly.

How lie detectors work is no secret, nor is the technology. You can probably find plenty of information if you google it.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I don't think GSR will work for me due to clammy hands (not always but often) I'd love to get a eeg though, any plans for a unit from mindplace?

Blog Entries

Not at the moment.

EEGs are complicated machines, which is also why they are so expensive. One of the biggest problems with EEGs is electrode placement and getting good conductivity. Unless one has no hair on their head, getting the right conditions for conductivity can be messy. Some of the newer machines work with saline but you have to keep wetting them. The alternative is the electrodes with the goo and that's pretty much too messy for the average person to want to deal with.

You could use the sensor for the TS on your fingers or even the back of your hands. Perhaps with more biofeedback use, the clammy hands would simmer down. ;-)

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

I agree with Marisa's comments re building one's own equipment.

Working with EEG's is very complex and requires substantial training. If you want to go that route, be prepared to make it your profession.

iv got a used brainband which is a very basic consumer eeg
    i would part with for around 100pounds
    but
    biofeed back is the way to go

Thread Information