Thread: Proteus and Neurosky Mindwave?

Default Proteus and Neurosky Mindwave?

Hello, I have just joined up and have a Proteus coming in the mail and needless to say I am pretty excited.

I was just wondering if you can wear the Proteus and the Neurosky at the same time?

TIA

Wombat

Blog Entries

Default Re: Proteus and Neurosky Mindwave?

Welcome to the forum!
    Yes, you can wear them both at the same time without an issue. High quality ear buds might be a bit more comfortable depending on your preference. The 2 devices complement each other nicely. Let us know when you get your Proteus and if you have any questions.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Wombat,
    Please share how it goes when you use both them together. What are your findings?
    Thanks
    Raj

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I have been using the Wild Divine graphing software whilst listening to the NP3 brain entrainment and have been quite amazed at the effectiveness of it. The GSR graph will just plunge downwards unless I open my eyes and look at the graph and get excited. An unexpected benefit of this technology is that it is making me knuckle down and meditate far more often... just to see more graphs

Thanks Wombat for sharing. Have you experimented Proteus with Neurosky headset? If yes, what are your findings?

Hi mctxp

The Proteus is still in the mail (it was $130 cheaper to buy it from the US than to buy it from Australia) and am still only thinking about getting the Neurosky for now but I will probably get one. I will let you know how the Proteus goes when it arrives.

Blog Entries

Hey mctxp,
    What are your questions about the Neurosky headset? I have the MindSet and use it all the time.

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Scott,
    I have the Neurosky Mindwave and the Proteus. I just started using both of them together.The program for the Mindwave that I use is the Meditation Journal and audiostrobe files on the Proteus.Are there any other programs for the Neurosky that you would recommend? What do you use your Mindset with?

Doug

Blog Entries

Right now I mainly use Mind Workstation. I also use the free Processing Brain Grapher. http://store.neurosky.com/products/p...-brain-grapher This week I went ahead and bought MyndPlay Player Pro and it is pretty nice as far as the graphs it shows and the built in movie player http://store.neurosky.com/products/myndplay-pro. There is a free version of that you might want to try first.

The heavy lifting is done by MWS and if I am engaged in something else that requires me to have more computer power available then I will use one of those other pieces of software.

How do you like Meditation Journal?

Meditation Journal is pretty basic.It records your attention level and meditation level on a graph in real time which can be saved.The graph is basic,time on the x axis,attention,meditation on the y axis.The saved sessions are in a calendar format so you can go back and check out any day or month.Considering it was bundled with the mindwave,it is pretty good for what it is.It is an inexpensive app,$10.

Thread Information