Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audiostrobe Problem

1. Angry Audiostrobe Problem

Hello, Please can you help me.

I Purchased a Proteus On reciept of the Mindmachine I went to the Manufacturers website and downloaded the latest firmware, 2.5 which all went fine, turned on the machine and sure enough 2.5 flashed up, I have very thouroughly gone thru the user Manual and learned as much as I can, I have been having difficulties with the Audistrobe Function, even messing about with the volume and brightness to adjust the sensitivity Of the Lightframes, I find that they do not respond to the Music and Just continually flash On a set Pattern, I upgraded the firmware because with the upgrade you can toggle the audiostrobe to remain on as long as Power is Present, a lot of Proteus 2.3 firmware turn of after 80 mins use.

I tried the Proteus with 3 different cd Players, One Standalone and 2 Walkmans one Sony and One Hitachi, Same Problem.

I have confirmed this by Using the Audiostrobe function On the Orion and the Old red led Lightframes and the Audiostrobe signals are In time to the Music, and Flash at differnt Brightnesses, definately More sensitive.

I have not attempted anything else with the unit other than the firmware upgrade

Having read here about firmware update Problems I used the 2.5 Software and used DL Mode and The display flashed rapidly and when I returned it on 2.5 Appeared, do you think this firmware has messed about with the Audiostrobe and If so what do I do I have Mailed the Place Online I Purchased from and have told them I have upgraded to 2.5. have I messed up my Proteus for Audiostrobe, Please Help Iam very concerned and don't know what to do next.

Thanks In advance.

whitestar

Blog Entries

Default Re: Audiostrobe Problem

Hello Whitestar;

I have verified that version 2.5 does work properly with audiostrobe, so I don't know what could be the problem in your case. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting to determine that the problem is definitely with your Proteus.

My suggestion would be to contact the place where you purchased the Proteus and tell them the problem and ask for an exchange, since you just purchased it and it's still under warranty.

Let me know if you have any difficulty getting the unit replaced.

-Andy.

3. Default Re: Audiostrobe Problem

Hi Andy.

Many thanks for your Prompt and helpful reply, I have mailed the Company I purchased from and will let you know If I have any Problems from them.

They offer a 30 day exchange or Money back, my only worry Is that they might think I have done something wrong with the firmware update and thus messed up the audiostrobe, Is there a way of rolling back Or indeed installing the original
    firmware the Proteus was shipped with, 2.3 then I could recheck the Audiostrobe
    and If that works then I could retry downloading the Latest firmware.

Are there specific Instructions on exactly what to do, my P.c. has a Proper comm Port and I used the lead that was shipped with Proteus, and DL mode.

Once again thanks for your help.

Whitestar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whitestar View Post
    They offer a 30 day exchange or Money back, my only worry Is that they might think I have done something wrong with the firmware update and thus messed up the audiostrobe, Is there a way of rolling back Or indeed installing the original firmware the Proteus was shipped with, 2.3 then I could recheck the Audiostrobe and If that works then I could retry downloading the Latest firmware.
    I really don't think they'll be any problem, and if for some reason there is, you can ask them to contact MindPlace. The firmware update comes from MP so it does not void the warranty.

Send me a PM (Private message) if you end up running into any snags.

-Andy.

5. Default Re: Audiostrobe Problem

Hi Andy and everbody else.

I have Returned the Proteus control unit, To where I Purchased It from they were very helpful and apologetic, They have Promised to send me a new Control unit and new Batteries, a.s.a.p.

I want to get this right, Can you suppy Information exactly what to do step by step to upgrade the firmware to 2.5 either Post here Or a link Or P.M me.

I don't think I messed up the Proteus but I want to get it right This time.

The guy Said Its almost unheard of to get a unit with faulty Audiostrobe but It Is Possible.

When I get the replacement I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Great forum.

Whitestar.

Blog Entries

Thank you for your kind words! MP dealers are definitely the best!

I'm sure you did your update properly, but here's the section from the manual that details the upload procedure.

Code:

Upload code to Proteus? 

Allows you to update the internal operating system of the Proteus unit.
    The following screen appears: Select the '*.pts' file (it will appear in the upper left box)
    and uncheck options as desired before you click on the UpLoad Code command button. Note: If you haven't altered the Primary session files and don?t want the Pxx programs stored in your system changed and if you are currently using version 1.3 or later of the Proteus OS (this number flashes on the Proteus display briefly when you turn it on) you can uncheck the send session data box.
    If you wish to restore the Primary sessions to the current factory settings then leave the Send Session Data box selected. While the download is in progress a progress bar helps pass the time. The only indication you will have that data is actually transferred into Proteus is that the display will flicker quickly.

Let us know how you make out with your new unit!

-Andy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Default Re: Audiostrobe Problem

Hi Everyone and especially Andy.

I recieved my replacement Proteus On Friday, and was Informed by a very helpful guy called Ivor, that he had tested the Audiostrobe and It worked fine.

Sure enough I too have now tested this function and am very Pleased, It shipped with firmware 2.3 which I have now upgraded to 2.5, having slowed down the transfer speed, Also upped all the new sessions to the Primary bank and 2 new experimental sessions I found on the www to the utility bank.

I noticed that the Thoughtstream sessions 14 I think In all have gone and been replaced by the 2 experimental sessions, Is there anywhere I can download the 14 Thoughtstream sessions Or indeed any further experimental sessions to the utility bank. as now it only has 2, what about the complex sessions can I choose which ones I can download to the utility bank.
    How different are these complex sessions and should I just Put them in the primary bank.

Are all the issues raised in this forum re the complex session Problems resolved
    as of now Or should I hold fire.

Sorry for so many questions,

Last edited by whitestar; 01-20-2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: messed up smilies

Blog Entries

Hi again! I knew it would work out. And I'm glad it didn't take too long!

You should read the section in the Proteus Session editor manual (http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm) on page 7 about organizing your sessions into library files. It allows you to create a list of the sessions and load them into your main (Pxx) section or the utility (Uxx) section.

Enjoy!

-Andy.

Hello Andy

I am interested in an answer to Whitestars question:

How different are these complex sessions and should I just Put them in the primary bank.

I still have the original sessions, what is the difference between them?

Thank you.
    agodney

Blog Entries

Hi there;

My understanding is that the complex sessions are simply variations on the originals. (Additional ramps and audio effects as the docs say). You can load those into the primary bank, but follow the included instructions and be careful you don't put more sessions in than the memory can hold. (See here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...hread.php?t=38)

If you like them better then keep them. You can mix and match the original with complex using the album manager.

Sorry, but I don't have the listed parameters of each of the original and complex sessions to do an exact comparison, but I'll see if I can find out any additional information about the differences.

In the end it'll come down to personal preference. Try each and keep the ones you like the best!

-Andy

Thread Information