Thread: Neurosynchronizer CD with Proteus - Will the Lights Work?

Default Neurosynchronizer CD with Proteus - Will the Lights Work?

Hi: I have the CDs 'Neurosynchronizer' side 1 & 2 "created by Richard Bandler in conjunction with Synetic Systems and Robbins Research". I thought it would play programmed light stimulation on the Proteus in the AS mode using the DB932/USB cable, but all I get is a stable green light.

Can anyone confirm that it will provide dynamic light action and perhaps what I need to do to make it work?
    Thanks, Randy

Blog Entries

Default Re: Neurosynchronizer CD with Proteus - Will the Lights Work?

If I'm correct, that program was made to work with the older units (pre Proteus). I'm not so sure it's possible to turn it into a two channel program. Robert, Scott ... any ideas?

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Hi: I have the CDs 'Neurosynchronizer' side 1 & 2 "created by Richard Bandler in conjunction with Synetic Systems and Robbins Research". I thought it would play programmed light stimulation on the Proteus in the AS mode using the DB932/USB cable, but all I get is a stable green light.

Can anyone confirm that it will provide dynamic light action and perhaps what I need to do to make it work?
    Thanks, Randy
    Hello Randy;

If it is an AudioStrobe track, you will need to put the Proteus in AS mode and feed the track to the Proteus via the AUX jack on the console from your CD player. Please see the Proteus manual on how to use the AS (AudioStrobe) mode of the Proteus.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks Marisa, the CD is probably 10 years old.... so being pre-Proteus makes a lot of sense.

That's what I did, thanks.

We made the Neurosynchronizer for a year or so for Tony Robbin's catalog... as I recall, that was an OEM branded Mastermind 50 or early Mindlab. I don't recall specific details of that project, but it was around the time that we were developing an early program-upload approach which used data transfer from cassette tape and CD which would have sounded like modem tones at the start of the audio (which you would not hear when played through an appropriate system). If the CD does not include those tones, then it was simply intended to be played during a time-synced light and sound session. We did not become involved with AudioStrobe in earnest until the Orion was introduced, ca. 1996/97.

Yes it is Audiostrobe CD. I tested it on my Procyon and one different brand(Nova100). very interesting CD.

Thanks Robert, and all, I appreciate the product history. Considering Apple's leap from iPod to iPhone and iPad, I can only remark how much I've enjoyed becoming familiar with the Proteus - it's a neat device and although I'm not a rapid adopter (lol), I look forward to future generations.
    Randy

Thread Information