Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

Exclamation Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

Just posted to the Procyon support area. The zipped file includes a PDF with descriptions of all the included changes.

Default Re: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

I installed without any problem. I can already confirm the SES 000 on start issue is now gone and that the channel # decrease works now has documented in the manual by using the start/stop button.
    I'm a bit confused by the pause button as it keeps the audio and flashing on; I assume you mean that the session is not progressing.
    I'll experiment with loops and confirm there is no problem either.

Thanks,

Christophe
    ----
    Christophe

Regarding the "audible audio artifact," I assume that you are talking about the high pitch sound that is always present even when volume is all the way down and without external source.

The "Maximum allowed audio volume has been reduced," maybe a bit too much. Hard to keep everybody happy ! It is harder to cover the audio artifact with such a limited volume.

External audio works fine can be mutted off/on using the selection key.

I no longer have to cycle through the various mode to recover my sound output.

Session 36 works now fine.
    ----
    Christophe

4. Default Re: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

I have noticed big improvement with the system - What is with this high pitch tone which is running in the background - I can't see how anyone could meditate with that distraction. Is this deliberate?

Hello I am trying to update with the new os but it says i need to install original 168 version with usb drivers where can i get this please

----
    Christophe

7. Default Re: Procyon OS update 1 7 2 now available!

I have observed some interesting things regarding the 'audible artifact'. The sound tends to disappear as the frequency increases or when the sound is constant and not what i like to call 'wobbling' or modulating. This is apparent on all the 20s sessions. Night Voyage especially starts with this sound but gradually fades and then once the lights start modulating from left to right the sound 'kicks back in'. Maybe other people could try out their machines and report back. One thing is for sure that the high pitch is a major distraction!
    Last edited by Dave1589; 01-13-2007 at 05:18 AM.

The new 1.7.3 beta update on the website now does seem to fix the major audio artifact. There's still a bit of ring which can be heard when the volume is turned up a lot but its definately not that distracting anymore. And the looping problem was fixed with 1.7.2.

So to me this is finally a usable OS.

Thanks Mindplace for fixing these issues and being upfront about it.

The http://proteus-support.org/Downloads/PRCYN173.PR2 link does not work. Any suggestion?
    ----
    Christophe

I was finally able to get the 1.7.3 payload (using Save Link As in Firefox). The high pitch sound is now gone when the volume is off (contrary to 1.7.2) but is now more noticeable at full volume than with 1.7.2. Full volume is still a tad too low for me.
    ----
    Christophe

Thread Information