Thread: New kid on the block

1. Default New kid on the block

Hi folks ,just signed up today in hopes of getting some pointers on the use of the Thoughtstream USB.

I am 76 years old and am having a terrible time with TMJ and thought this device may help me get some relief.

What are some of the do's and don'ts for this unit and has anyone ever used it for TMJ.

BTW,I am from Rosenberg,Tx just SW of Houston

dick

Blog Entries

Default Re: New kid on the block

Hi Dick,

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by dicklaxt View Post
    Hi folks ,just signed up today in hopes of getting some pointers on the use of the Thoughtstream USB.

I am 76 years old and am having a terrible time with TMJ and thought this device may help me get some relief.
    76 and fluent in cyberspace. You go guy!

What are some of the do's and don'ts for this unit and has anyone ever used it for TMJ.
    You want to make sure that you have a good contact between your skin and the sensors. The sensors work best when they are on your palm. If you move your hand with the senosrs - it will affect the reading so rest your hand in a position where you can sit still.

Pay attention to what is happening in your body in relation to what feedback you are getting (sound or via the panel) as this will teach you how to have better control over your body responses or desired response. It takes practice so keep at it.

Biofeedback is a good tool for training the mind to make conscious changes as well as to be aware of physical/mental/emotional changes as they happen. The TMJ may be related to tension and through biofeedback you will learn to recognize that you may still be tense, even when you think you are relaxed and it can help you achieve a deeper state of relaxation. If it doesn't directly help with the TMJ (as the cause of the TMJ may be due to a physical cause outside of what can be controlled) it can help with pain control because again, you are learning how to direct your attention toward a goal - which is getting the deeper tone or having the panel go from red to green.

I hope this helps!

BTW,I am from Rosenberg,Tx just SW of Houston
    I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada - Just south of the Great White North.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: New kid on the block

Thanks M.Now let me ask a question about the placement of the sensors of which I have already asked but my answers thus far(2) were 180 degrees apart

The question is would the placement of the sensors and device responce be more efficient if the sensors were located on or near the affected area the jaw muscle area vs the palm.I am only interested in the state of the jaw muscle so it seems to me that is where concentration of effort both to and from ought to be at this location.
    What is your take on this or anyone else who is aboard ,just jump in.

The next question /answer is probably in the book but I haven't found it so let me ask it here.How often should the sessions be done to be most effective.The time element on my part is not a hindrance.

dick

Blog Entries

Default Re: New kid on the block

Hi Dick,
    You can also try the ThoughtStream sensor on your wrist if it is more comfortable. I have tested this and it still has very good results.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information