Thread: Need help setting the COM port in Mental Games: "activation code"?

1. Question Need help setting the COM port in Mental Games: "activation code"?

I am so lost...I am not even sure how to phrase this question.

Problem: I cannot get Mental Games to respond to my TS USB. I downloaded the driver and the interface and all is well with both. The COM 16 is the one that works, per my computer's request and per the evidence from the Interface.

BUT...I can't get anything to respond to me on Mental Games. I start the first game and there's a space scene and a spinning elliptical shape at the bottom of the screen and a ringing noise, but nothing on the screen is responding to me the way the Interface does.

I saw in another thread that the COM part has to be set in Mental Games just like in the Interface...so I have been looking to figure out hwo to do that. So far my best guess is to follow the "register" prompt from inside Mental Games (didn't I already register it though, with my PIN?), but when I try to do this, I am asked for an "Activation Code." Huh?

So, am I on the right track, way off? Do I need this activation code? If so, where do I find/get it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need help setting the COM port in Mental Games: "activation code"?

Hello;

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with Mental Games. The software is written by another company, but I will try to help you as much as I can.

The activation code I believe should have been on a piece of paper shipped with your Mental Games CD.

The manual for Mental Games is here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

3. Default Re: Need help setting the COM port in Mental Games: "activation code"?

Andy,

Thank you!

Here's the update:

I have read the manual for Mental Games, and I have found the screen to sync Mental Games to the correct COM port within the Mental Games program.
    After downloading the driver, etc., my computer asks me to use COM16. On the TS Interface, only COM3 or COM16 are available, but in testing them out with the TS, COM16 works, whereas COM3 does not.
    Back in Mental Games, when I am on the screen for syncing Mental Games to the COM port, I get the message "no ports found." It appears like it recognizes COM3 for a couple of seconds (the COM icon is green., but then decides against it, races through all the other possible ports, and comes up with a big "no" (the COM icon is red).

The activation code did not come on the piece of paper, but a 3-part pin number did. I used the 3-part pin number to register Mental Games when I was first opening it. Now, from within Mental Games, when I go to register it again (?), I am brought back to the screen which I used to put in the 3-part pin, only there is a new text box superimposed in front of the 3-part pin text box, which asks for an "activation code." I have tried putting in my 3-part pin anyway, in the new box, but it won't take it.

Guh? Huh? I am stumped.

-Woogie

Blog Entries

Hi Woogie;

All the manual says in regard to the Activation and Pin is this:
    Start the program. The registration dialog of the Mental Games will appear. In this version of Mental Games, the software provider (Audiostrobe GMBH) now requires that you enter the software key into registration page, which is mandatory. AudioStrobe will then provide you with a PIN via email, usually within 24 hours, which you can then enter into the startup screen to activate your copy.
    You said that you registered Mental Games when you first opened it. How did you do that? I'm not completely sure what's going wrong in your case - I will try to find out. More details or a screenshot would be helpful.(You can use Ctrl-PrtSc and then paste it into a picture editing program like Paint)

Regarding COM ports - you have to make sure that you're getting valid readings from your sensors before running the port scan. i.e., you have to have the sensor on your hand and the TS has to be reading proper values. If the TS is not getting proper readings, it will flash all bars in a slow sequence: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and back to Red again. It will flash this for a time and then power itself off.
    In your case, if you're certain that the COM port is 16, then you can just set it to that using the up/down buttons instead of the Port scan.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

For those needing to register or re-register Mental Games the following link will allow receipt of code:

http://www.audiostrobe.com/register/

Thread Information