Thread: Keeping it Simple

1. Default Keeping it Simple

Hi again every one' ok' I finely managed to update my Proteus. Like i said in a earlier post I've had my machine for a couple of years, but have never had the time to update it.

I started with a Mastermind GLS moving on to The Orion, then the Proteus which, in my opinion, by far is the best on the market, however the main reason I upgraded was the ability to download new programs from the net.

Not being tec Minded I've always been happy with the built in sessions. & wouldn't know where to start editing a new program even if i had the time.

My only gripe is they should have two separate menus - one for people wishing to create their own programs, ie Editor, and one to update the os. ie built in programs. To my understanding I've just updated from os 2 > os 2.5.1 thus giving me 49 tweaked sessions.

I've got no instruction what so ever in my manual how to do this, and found the the process quite confusing. Lets not forget these machines are a serious piece of kit and can mush your gray matter quite easily.

For those who have the ability to create their own programs, fine, you have to have some knowledge of how to alter the state of mind (ie ramping- theta- delta & so on). For those who have just bought a Proteus and are wondering what all the fuss is about.& wish to update their machine, then I think you should have a separate format without having to go in to the editor. To think these little pieces of plastic were once the size of a Car & have the ability to toast your Brian at the push of a button.And to think of how far the next generation of machines will take us without the use drugs' is truly amazing

Blog Entries

Default Re: Keep It Simple

Hello Ice,

Quote Originally Posted by ICECOLDMELTZ View Post
    Hi again every one' ok' I finely managed to update my Proteus. Like i said in a earlier post I've had my machine for a couple of years, but have never had the time to update it.
    You are going where few wo/men dare to go. LOL

Not being tech Minded I've always been happy with the built in sessions. & wouldn't know where to start editing a new program even if i had the time.
    It can be quite the daunting, hair pulling task for sure.

My only gripe is they should have two separate menus - one for people wishing to create their own programs, ie Editor, and one to update the os. ie built in programs. To my understanding I've just updated from os 2 > os 2.5.1 thus giving me 49 tweaked sessions.

I've got no instruction what so ever in my manual how to do this, and found the the process quite confusing.
    I'll leave that to the techs to answer.

Lets not forget these machines are a serious piece of kit and can mush your gray matter quite easily.
    We'll no, only trying to program the machine the first time actually mushes your brain.

For those who have the ability to create their own programs, fine, you have to have some knowledge of how to alter the state of mind (ie ramping- theta- delta & so on).
    At least we hope they do.

To think these little pieces of plastic were once the size of a Car & have the ability to toast your Brian at the push of a button.
    Putting all fun comments aside for a moment and putting on my serious hat - I should really clear this up - The machine does not have the ability to toast your brain. If anything, the machine can untoast the brain and help someone think better.

The machine generates frequencies that your brain already has. All five sets of frequencies (Beta, SMR, Alpha, Theta & Delta) are present in your brain and running at the same time. Depending on what you are doing (alert, sleeping, stressing, meditating etc.) depends on what frequency is dominant.

Things don't always go as we want them to and sometimes the desired dominant frequency isn't strong enough to give us a desired result. An example would be someone who has concentration problems, it's likely that Theta is more dominant at that moment than Beta (the desired dominant frequency for concentration). Likewise, sometimes there is too much of one particular frequency dominant and that also can cause a problem (such as the case with too high of Beta causing anxiety or stress).

The nice thing is that with the preset programs you only need to know what state you wish to acquire and then let the program do it's thing.

What the program actually does is coax the brain into the desired state by putting out the frequencies that you want to access. The brain follows the machines example - in a similar way that being around other happy people will put you in a good mood.

I know you didn't ask for a brief on how the machine works but I thought that I'd take this opportunity to explain it anyway just in case there are some people out there who don't really understand how the machines work and why.

If you have any questions whatsoever regarding the brain part about how the machines work, as well as technical aspects, please feel free to post a question. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I will do my best to find it for you.

And to think of how far the next generation of machines will take us without the use drugs' is truly amazing
    Interesting point. Did you know that machines such as the Proteus are already being used to replace drugs. My dad, for example, used his Proteus after having major surgery and he was able to take less pain medication, plus he was released from the hospital earlier than the doctors expected. In all fairness, his quicker healing probably had more to do with his constitution than the machine but the Proteus did help him with relaxation and pain management.

Another friend of mine, used the Proteus after suffering a stroke and he was able to get all his cognitive function back. Again, some of that healing needs to be attributed to quick medical action but some of the credit does go to the use of the Proteus - especially in helping him get his speech back to normal.

I've used the machine for studying and for improved concentration and have had excellent results. I've also used the machine when working with clients (hypnosis) and the machine has helped them achieve a deep and relaxed state of hypnosis.

Good things come from the machine and no brain frying. Though, if you put on the glasses and set the program to Pyro and then plug your headphones into your MP3 Player or whatever you use to generate music on something funky like Pink Floyd ... it is like doing recreational drugs without the drugs ... it's trippy.

Thanks for your post.

M.

Default Re: Keep It Simple

We'll create a quickstart on downloading and post it very soon. The 3.0 manual includes simple instructions from our Proteus FAQs regarding how to update the OS; briefly, to upload new sessions:

1. Open Proteus Editor, with the proteus connected to your PC and turned on, in dL mode.

2. Select Serial Port/Set Com Port (or press F8); a dialog box will open showing which ports are available for use. It's generally best to select a higher-numbered one. This process may take a few seconds as the Editor queries your PC for available ports.

3. Select Utilities/Session Manager (or press F11) and open the album you want to transfer--this assumes that you have one, of course!

You can unpack the sessions which come with Proteus using File/Unzip Factory Sessions if you'd like.

Hope this helps!

Robert

Thread Information