Thread: Brightness of Light and Volume of Sound

Default Brightness of Light and Volume of Sound

Hi - I'm new to this, and so I was wondering if the brightness of the light or the volume of sound make any difference at all in terms of effectiveness. I'm especially wondering about the brightness of the light.

The very low levels of light seem very different from the high levels in terms of experience, so this is what prompted me to ask.
    Last edited by Aevum; 08-27-2011 at 05:15 PM.

2. Default Re: Brightness of Light and Volume of Sound

I just started using this and subjectively speaking sessions do seem to be more intense and invigorating at the highest brightness. However I've played around with turning it down some and that for me seems to be better. I'd say that it's all about finding out what feels right to you personally, especially in terms of your own comfort during your session. Maybe you don't want to take a trip to the center of the sun and just want to orbit it

Blog Entries

Default Re: Brightness of Light and Volume of Sound

I use different brightness settings on different occasions according to mood. At the highest levels the patterns are subjectively more intense as kingcobra says. However, there are nice color subtleties to found at lower levels too. I find that it the intensity of the Red channel that really sets the overall perception of brightness.

As far as effectiveness it shouldn't make a substantial difference unless pushed to the extreme level of being imperceptible. In fact, setting volume and brightness to your preference is recommended for the most comfortable and deepest sessions. Set it to what relaxes you and feels right.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

I've always used the highest levels of light and sound. Just my preference so far. AVS systems are so versatile that I just haven't gotten to the lower levels of light and sound yet however I tried lower levels a couple of times when I first received my Procyon. Every level that you choose offers a different experience, 49 presets, the ability to write sessions and unlimited sound and light levels means new experiences for years to come.

5. Default Re: Brightness of Light and Volume of Sound

I've been playing around with different intensities, and now have it back to the max. I just got a light therapy lamp which I've been using for 20 min a day, and I really like it, then I thought well the AVS is a heck of a lot brighter than that, why not juice the thing So in the end I think that the max brightness sessions work a little better but I don't think that it makes all that much difference. As for the capabilities of this, well it is unlimited which is certainly nice

Blog Entries

Hi Kingcobra,

I recall reading or hearing (can't remember the source off hand) that a brighter light has more effect on the EEG. I think it was one of the lectures on MP's You Tube channels. I think it varies with the individual, some need more stimulation to affect the EEG than others. It's neither good or bad, just different.

Happy New Year!

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcobra View Post
    I just got a light therapy lamp which I've been using for 20 min a day
    My wife and I have just discussed this very subject recently. We've decided she has a bad case of seasonal affective disorder. It will be up to her though to spend the $160.00 plus dollars that these lamps start at. I wonder if AVS helps with this disorder ?

Anyone ?

Blog Entries

Here is a study of the use of Audio Visual Entrainment as a treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder http://www.mindmodulations.com/resou...-seasonal.html
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

9. Default Re: Brightness of Light and Volume of Sound

Interesting study, thanks! I guess to suffer from SAD you have to go outside during at least one of the seasons, which isn't really the case for me I'm an indoorsman you might say and the only time I enjoy being out is at night when it's warm but not too warm However I've never understood why people revel in the fact it's sunny, so I doubt I have SAD, and I'm not really sad ever anyway

However, I did get the therapy light anyway as I don't think there's such a thing as being in too good of a mood and it did work for me. So then I thought, well on the highest intensity setting for the visuals, this is way more than the 10,000 lux of the lamp and it's as close to your eyes as you can get. So this definitely has the potential for increasing serotonin and decreasing melatonin that the lamp does for you, and probably more so. So far I am noticing this, although I paid $200 for the lamp and will stubbornly continue to use it in any case. Bright light in general does seem to stimulate energy and in fact the energy ones with the AVS do seem to be more orientated towards white light, so this might be something worth playing around with

Thread Information