Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotic trigger install

Default Hypnotic trigger install

Hey guys,

Just wondering how I would go on about installing a hypnotic trigger for my self via proteus so that I may access the deep levels of hypnosis in cases where I do not have access to the entire unit.

The idea I had was to loop a suggestion stating the trigger (e.g. anytime you wish to access this state do abc xyz etc etc.) play it with a theta or theta delta track

Thoughts?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hypnotic trigger install

Quote Originally Posted by gs300tx View Post
    Hey guys,

Just wondering how I would go on about installing a hypnotic trigger for my self via proteus so that I may access the deep levels of hypnosis in cases where I do not have access to the entire unit.

The idea I had was to loop a suggestion stating the trigger (e.g. anytime you wish to access this state do abc xyz etc etc.) play it with a theta or theta delta track

Thoughts?

Thanks
    It's actually quite easy as the trance state is something we enter into naturally several times a day. What you are looking for is a trigger and the sound (beat) from one of your theta programs can do this for you. Stare at a spot on the wall and think about the pulsing sound of the program and then, imagine the pulsing getting slower - close your eyes and remember (or imagine) the lights. Remember to take some deep breaths also.

Before hand, while using the program - listen to the sound of the pulsing frequency and notice how your body feels as you are relaxing and getting into the program. Notice how you are encapsulated in this separate reality and that nothing exists outside of what you are experiencing at the moment. All you see is patterns of colors - all you hear is the sound of the machine and all thoughts are just on those two things - the experience.

This is one way to preprogram yourself for a later recreation.

M.
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thanks

What about a state where verifiable somnambulism can occur, e.g forgetting numbers, names etc. How would I do that along with the proteus

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Thanks

What about a state where verifiable somnambulism can occur, e.g forgetting numbers, names etc. How would I do that along with the proteus

Thanks!
    Do you want to forget something or remember something?

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Forget something that is not there or see something that is not there ..eg a picture frame on the wall, but of course nothing is there, or even feel something..say the temperature in the room getting cold

Blog Entries

Forget something that is not there or see something that is not there ..eg a picture frame on the wall, but of course nothing is there, or even feel something..say the temperature in the room getting cold
    Hmmm well, all of those things can happen as a result of a suggestion you give yourself while in a trance state. The machine can only help get you into the state, it can't give you the suggestion that makes specific changes.

Self hypnosis is relatively easy to accomplish with simple goals. However, sometimes what appears to be a simple goal turns out to have complex issues attached that create obstacles to achieving the goal. One of these obstacles is known as "secondary gain" which is a resistance to change created by the mind for various reasons - so, if you are giving yourself a suggestion and are not getting the results you want, there could be other factors that are blocking you.

The other thing has to do with our brain's ability to hallucinate without hypnosis. A negative hallucination is not seeing something that is there - which is something we all do when we look for something and can't find it only to discover later that it was in plain view all along. The other common hallucination is where we see something that isn't there and this one often is the result of mistaken identity (we see one thing and it looks like something else). The brain fills in the missing pieces when our senses perceive something. You see a flash and your brain will provide you with a variety of sources of that flash (according to your current knowledge and beliefs on what that source could be).

On the note of suggestions and seeing things or not seeing things - this can happen while you are awake and aware but as the result of a suggestion given. Belief and emotion + suggestion are key ingredients for inducing a hallucination. You see a horror flick and later while lying in bed think you see someone in your room (and it's actually your clothes on a chair) or you go on a Ghost tour and see a ghost.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to use the proteus to install the trigger, I have tried with regular mp3 but no cigar. So do you have any advice on how to do this, anything specific.
    Is there a certain point within the protus program i.e frequencies I should pay attention to, or just look a simple phrase like "whenever you wish you access this state, close your eyes and say..etc etc' and put it on loop

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Marisa answered your question pretty well (very nice way to navigate some difficult concepts ). Let me add a little bit if I may.

Try something simple first that is actually useful, aligns more with the intent of the machine, and is not as likely to meet much interior resistance.
    Do a deep meditation program on the Proteus (I have a Procyon so I will let others recommend one) and when you feel very deeply calm and relaxed, give yourself the suggestion that you will remember and be able to recreate this feeling whenever you want to.
    It can help to 'anchor' this suggestion with a physical gesture that you are not likely to do very often...like cross your thumb and ring finger.
    While you are feeling most calm and relaxed during the program, cross your thumb and ring finger and repeat to yourself silently several times that whenever you do this action you will recall this feeling and become calm and relaxed.
    Immediately focus on the lights and sound while enjoying the rest of the session. Recall and reaffirm that you are feeling calm and relaxed and for now that is all that matters.
    Say to yourself, "Feeling calm and relaxed is really good now that I know how to trigger the feeling easily whenever I want."

Do this several times at random periods always when you feel most calm and relaxed.

Now to activate the trigger.... someday, an unknown time from now...you will be angry or stressed. You will be overwhelmed or at the point of irritation or argument. You could become more stressed or more angry....

BUT... you pause and cross your thumb and ring finger and suddenly feel deeply calm and relaxed.

That is the principle and it works...build from there.

Blog Entries

Thanks!

I haven't had a chance to use the proteus to install the trigger, I have tried with regular mp3 but no cigar. So do you have any advice on how to do this, anything specific.
    Is there a certain point within the protus program i.e frequencies I should pay attention to, or just look a simple phrase like "whenever you wish you access this state, close your eyes and say..etc etc' and put it on loop

Thanks!
    I'm trying to think of a way to answer this question given the vague amount of information you are giving me about what you are wanting to do. On the one hand, I could give you general information but it is appearing that you already have it, have tried it and not gotten the results you want.

I suppose the easiest thing for you to do is to try it with the Proteus & MP3 and see if it works and then if it doesn't - we could look further into why and what adjustments you may need to make.

When you use the Proteus with your MP3 player, hook it up with your patch cable and then choose a Proteus program like P25.

Or put the Proteus on a program like 43 (15 minutes) and think of nothing, just let the program get you into the state and then, when the program finishes - listen to your MP3 or read the affirmation. It may take you a few times of doing this before you notice any changes.

If it doesn't work, things to consider are: Is the suggestion appropriate? I know sounds like an odd question but if you are telling your u/c to do something it can't or has a reason not to ... the suggestion won't work.

One way to test if the suggestion is appropriate is to ask yourself the following questions: What will I gain if the suggestion works? What will I lose or miss out on if the suggestion works? Is there any time or circumstance where this suggestion would be inappropriate?

Another consideration is the language used. Wording is important in self hypnosis and should always be stated in the positive (what you want) instead of negative (what you don't want). So for example, " I don't want to smoke" will not work and could make you want to smoke more, where as, "Whenever I feel the need for a cigarette, I will take a deep breath and quietly wait for the moment to pass and then get on with my day."

M.

Blog Entries

Good one Neuroasis.

Thread Information