Thread: Odd Twitching

Default Odd Twitching

I`ve noticed that when I turn on my Procyon my body starts to twitch. My legs jump a little and here and there I get a full body JUMP!! Those are violent jerks. That`s really the best word for it, violent. This isn`t something brought on by my machine, I`ve had this happen to me when I start to fall asleep for quite a while. I think it`s started since I`ve hurt my back and especially since the surgery. Saying that it could just be the drugs, who knows. Whatever state I go into just before sleep, that`s what makes me jump and my Procyon (this shows they work well I suppose) brings it on almost straight away. It doesn`t hurt or bother me in any way. My wife has to remove my laptop if ever I fall asleep in the living room though because I`ll jump and send it flying across the room! lol It`s weird, it`s almnost like all my nerves are misfiring or something. Anyone would think I`m connected to the mains when I have a big violent one, it`s THAT full on.
    Can anyone comment on this? Have you or someone you know had this? Do you know what exactly causes it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Odd Twitching

Quote Originally Posted by Feebo View Post
    I`ve noticed that when I turn on my Procyon my body starts to twitch. My legs jump a little and here and there I get a full body JUMP!! Those are violent jerks. That`s really the best word for it, violent. This isn`t something brought on by my machine, I`ve had this happen to me when I start to fall asleep for quite a while. I think it`s started since I`ve hurt my back and especially since the surgery. Saying that it could just be the drugs, who knows. Whatever state I go into just before sleep, that`s what makes me jump and my Procyon (this shows they work well I suppose) brings it on almost straight away. It doesn`t hurt or bother me in any way. My wife has to remove my laptop if ever I fall asleep in the living room though because I`ll jump and send it flying across the room! lol It`s weird, it`s almnost like all my nerves are misfiring or something. Anyone would think I`m connected to the mains when I have a big violent one, it`s THAT full on.
    Can anyone comment on this? Have you or someone you know had this? Do you know what exactly causes it?
    I've experienced some twitching when I've fallen asleep and the program is ramping at the end to wake me up. That's a normal affect and sounds similar to what you have experienced, though perhaps on a minor scale.

The violent jerking is neurological and since you mentioned the onset when you hurt your back, I would assume that the injury is related - perhaps in the severity of the jerking. I'll look into this further to see if I can find more information for you. From what you've written, it appears to only happen when you've fallen asleep ... right?

Does it happen when you are using Theta-ish programs or ones with higher frequencies such as Beta or higher?

Does the twitching ever happen when you are awake?

M
    Marisa Broughton, MCHT, MNLP
    Canadian Distributor for Mindplace
    http://www.ayrmetes.com

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Blog Entries

Hi Feebo;

That sounds like a Hypnic Jerk. (http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/h/hypnic_jerk/intro.htm) From what I've read, it seems that this is most common when someone is exhausted, i.e. not sleeping well previously, and if that is the cause of your twitching, is not a cause for alarm. Best to check with your Doctor, though.

-Andy.

Nope, it doesn`t happen when I`m awake, just when I`m falling asleep. It may well be related more to the drugs than my spinal injury I think. I have a lot of trouble waking up in the morning. Most mornings I experience what I can only describe as prolonged sleep paralysis. I`m awake, I`m aware, but I can`t move. This can and does go on for hours. It`s very similar to waking from an operation when you`ve had a general. I`ve had my wife come up and see if I`m awake yet, bring me tea and even try to talk to me while I lie there unable to move or respond but feeling fully awake.
    I couldn`t tell you what frequencies I`m using to be honest. I haven`t gotten into things properly yet. It seems to happen most times when I`m using my Procyon. I use program 27 a lot and I know that one certainly does it....

Blog Entries

Nope, it doesn't`t happen when I`m awake, just when I`m falling asleep. It may well be related more to the drugs than my spinal injury I think. I have a lot of trouble waking up in the morning. Most mornings I experience what I can only describe as prolonged sleep paralysis. I`m awake, I`m aware, but I can`t move. This can and does go on for hours. It`s very similar to waking from an operation when you`ve had a general. I`ve had my wife come up and see if I`m awake yet, bring me tea and even try to talk to me while I lie there unable to move or respond but feeling fully awake.
    I couldn't`t tell you what frequencies I`m using to be honest. I haven`t gotten into things properly yet. It seems to happen most times when I`m using my Procyon. I use program 27 a lot and I know that one certainly does it....
    The not being able to move when you wake up doesn't sound like a good thing. It may be worthwhile taking this up with your doctor.

On the twitching side, I thought this would be a good opportunity to bring up the subject of photosensitive epilepsy and seizures.

For anyone who has questions about photosensitive epilepsy, here is a good source of information http://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/Ab...sitiveepilepsy

Note: There is a difference between the twitching that is "normal" when falling asleep or like I described when the machine is waking me up or the lights are too bright and someone who is having a seizure. While it's normal for someone to feel a bit groggy after an AVS session, the feeling should pass in a few minutes. The depth of grogginess also depends on if the person was already tired, sleep deprived or how deep they went. You are describing feeling out of sorts for hours after - which could be an indication of a seizure.

It's possible that your medication is involved. It's also possible that the medication makes you more photosensitive in which case you may be okay with just turning the intensity of the lights down.

Photo-sensitivity does not mean seizure. It just means a sensitivity to bright lights and this may not be a constant condition. Photo-sensitivity can be caused by being tired, migraines, certain medications, not feeling well and the list goes on. Some people are always photosensitive and some people just experience it on occasion. Remember - the lights can always be dimmed.

Photosensitive Epilepsy is a neurological condition where a person experiences seizures when subjected to flickering lights, strobe lights, flashing lights in a dance club and sometimes even video games and or the TV. This is something that would be diagnosed by a doctor. Of course, those who have this condition shouldn't use an AVS machine. It has nothing to do with the brand of the machine, it has to do with flickering lights.

Feebo, do you think what you are experiencing has to do with photo-sensitivity or nocturnal epilepsy?

M.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...ations-40b.png at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Not that I`m a doctor but naaaah I don`t think so. I bet it`s just all the drugs I have to take.... As I say it`s not painful or anything, I don`t feel ill because of it or owt. Have you ever had a dream that you slipped over something and then woken up like BAAH!!! lol It`s like a much more full oin version of that. It`s not scary or anything, I just wondered if there was a name for it. I will ask my doctor when I see him soon, it would be interesting to know.....

Blog Entries

I just wondered if there was a name for it.
    Still think it sounds like:
    Hypnic jerk: An involuntary muscle twitch that occurs in the transition between wakefulness and sleep. Patients are more prone to these twitches if they have a poor sleeping pattern or have been sleep deprived. The twitches usually only occur one or two times a night and are generally considered harmless.

Blog Entries

I think Andy found the name of the phenomena.

Re: Dream/wake thing. If you get woken up in the middle of a deep sleep that can $@#& you up for a long time afterward, sometimes the whole day. Is that maybe what you are talking about?

M.

Yep, I think Andy has hit the naili on the bonce there I`m just about to have a read about it now.
    No it`s not about being woken up. I lie there trying to wake up and get up but I`m unable to physically move. My eyes are sometimes open, sometimes closed, I`m fully awake in that I can hear what`s going on around me. As I say my wife has stood there trying to get me to talk, I can hear her, sometimes see her, even tell her what she said later on. But I can`t move or speak. Every single day it takes me hours to wake up. I even count to ten and try and get out of bed at 10. Then just lie there... It`s just incredibly hard to wake up from that morphine.....

10. Default Re: Odd Twitching

twiching and even shaking
    in the lowerbody is the method the body likes to use to relase deep mucle tention casued by truma /stress
    perhaps your body is using rthe relaxed state ?

see Trauma releasing exercises or TRE by David Berceli for more info
    TRE aslo makes me feel fantasitc
    Last edited by toroot; 05-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information