Thread: Brainwave Generator file conversion to Procyon?

1. Default Brainwave Generator file conversion to Procyon?

Hello,

Does a program exist that converts BWG files to the Procyon format?
    I purchased a book that came with a cd and on it they provided brainwave generator files. Problem is, I can't get the software program to run on windows 7. even in compatibility mode, it doesn't open.

Thanks for any ideas and feedback,
    Brett

Default Re: Brainwave Generator file conversion to Procyon?

That's the problem with Microsoft, they should stick with what works for a while and build on it like XP, the best OS they ever produced. When Vista came out I purchased two new computers with XP. Most existing programs will run on XP but that will slowely go away unfortunately and has already started to, fortunately millions of programs were written for XP including the Brain Wave Generator so good ones will be around for a long time.

Coincidently I have the same book and the same CD you have. Works great with XP and the book even say's the Brain Wave Generator works with Audiostrobe compatible light and sound machines so I'm not sure a Procyon conversion is what's needed here. Sounds like the publisher needs to update their product. Good Luck.

PS The Audiostrobe CD's offered @ The MindPlace are really good.
    Last edited by SteveMod; 01-30-2011 at 03:21 PM.

3. Default Re: Brainwave Generator file conversion to Procyon?

Well, I was finally able to get it to run on Win 7. I am not sure what I did, but when it seemed like it was stalling out, I just did something else. I took a long time for it it unzip and run, but it did. I believe it was unloaded in compatibility mode Windows XP service pack 3. BGen only for this cd. Other than that I use Procyon or neuro-programmer 2 depending on mood.

4. Default Re: Brainwave Generator file conversion to Procyon?

Has anyone found a EASY way to import BWGEN fillies to the Procyon.

There are BWGEN files that are good for hypnosis and theta mind.

Blog Entries

The Brainwave Generator files are in a proprietary binary file format. It is rather complex from my investigations. Binary formats are really hard to decode without knowing how the bytes are mapped. I would like to see this happen and have made efforts to do so, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future. If anyone happens to know the details of the format and can share that information, then it could be implemented. Otherwise, it will continue to be a manual process of translating the values by opening the session in BWGen and copying the settings over to the Procyon editor.

Best,
    Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi,
    May I know the title of the book?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMod View Post
    That's the problem with Microsoft, they should stick with what works for a while and build on it like XP, the best OS they ever produced. When Vista came out I purchased two new computers with XP. Most existing programs will run on XP but that will slowely go away unfortunately and has already started to, fortunately millions of programs were written for XP including the Brain Wave Generator so good ones will be around for a long time.

Coincidently I have the same book and the same CD you have. Works great with XP and the book even say's the Brain Wave Generator works with Audiostrobe compatible light and sound machines so I'm not sure a Procyon conversion is what's needed here. Sounds like the publisher needs to update their product. Good Luck.

PS The Audiostrobe CD's offered @ The MindPlace are really good.

Blog Entries

Probably they are talking about the book Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce.

That one had Brainwave Generator files.
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Thread Information