Thread: Uploding Proteus Sessions

Default Re: Proteus Sessions

Marisa, I'm new at this and my Proteus is also new. I downloaded your Sleep replace files to the Utility area and now I have banks U01 to U14 filled. I never used these banks before so I don't know what is what because you gave me only 7files.

Can I erase those U banks and start all over again? I have checked the documentation and haven't found how to clean a Bank's session.

I'll appreciate your help.

Educar

Blog Entries

Hello Educar;

When you upload new sessions to the Proteus, the bank you upload them to will be overwritten. So if you upload 7 new sessions to the Utility (Uxx) bank, there should only be the 7 new sessions in there.

If you did not get the 7 sessions, then maybe you have a connection problem. Try using the "View Realtime" button in the editor and then running a session to see if the Proteus is responding. If it isn't, then maybe you have not selected the right COM port or something else is wrong.

Let me know.

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hello Educar;

When you upload new sessions to the Proteus, the bank you upload them to will be overwritten. So if you upload 7 new sessions to the Utility (Uxx) bank, there should only be the 7 new sessions in there.

If you did not get the 7 sessions, then maybe you have a connection problem. Try using the "View Realtime" button in the editor and then running a session to see if the Proteus is responding. If it isn't, then maybe you have not selected the right COM port or something else is wrong.

Let me know.

-Andy.
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for your reply. I still have some questions:
    1- When I upload a session does it go to the next Uxx free (i.e. I have say 6 banks occupied the next upload goes to U07)? Or it starts with U01?
    2- How can I edit a session (or see all its parameters) that is already in the Proteus?

Pls. be patient with me because at this moment this is as if I am learning Chinese

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Educar View Post
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for your reply. I still have some questions:
    1- When I upload a session does it go to the next Uxx free (i.e. I have say 6 banks occupied the next upload goes to U07)? Or it starts with U01?
    On the Proteus, all sessions in the bank will be overwritten by whatever you upload. e.g. If you have 6 sessions in the Uxx bank, and you upload 1 session, you will only have the 1 session. If you want to keep what you had and add an additional session, you need to make an album that contains all 7 sessions that you want to have in that bank. See the editor manual on how to create an album.
    2- How can I edit a session (or see all its parameters) that is already in the Proteus?
    You cannot. The communication is only 1-way (from the PC to the Proteus) so you can't read what's already contained in the Proteus. If you want to edit any of the factory sessions that come with the Proteus, go to the Proteus support page and download those sessions so you have them on your computer. Open the one you want to edit in the editor, and create a new Album of sessions to upload that contain the session you've edited.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

Pls. be patient with me because at this moment this is as if I am learning Chinese
    No problem! Ask if anything seems unclear.

-Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    On the Proteus, all sessions in the bank will be overwritten by whatever you upload. e.g. If you have 6 sessions in the Uxx bank, and you upload 1 session, you will only have the 1 session. If you want to keep what you had and add an additional session, you need to make an album that contains all 7 sessions that you want to have in that bank. See the editor manual on how to create an album.
    You cannot. The communication is only 1-way (from the PC to the Proteus) so you can't read what's already contained in the Proteus. If you want to edit any of the factory sessions that come with the Proteus, go to the Proteus support page and download those sessions so you have them on your computer. Open the one you want to edit in the editor, and create a new Album of sessions to upload that contain the session you've edited.
    http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

No problem! Ask if anything seems unclear.

-Andy.
    Thanks Andy. Now I understand. before your answer I was wondering what was the use for albums. Now all is clear. Thanks for your help.

Thread Information