Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tutorial Randomise - Brain Brightening

Default Re: Tutorial Randomise - Brain Brightening

Hello Marisa

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards Allan Godney

Hello Robert

I have been experimenting with the randomise function in the editor. I set up a new session of 100 sectors. I set up my randomise options as:

Max frequency left 17Hz, Min Frequency left 12Hz
    Max frequency right 16.9Hz, Min Frequency right 11.9Hz
    Max brightness left 15, Min brightness left 4
    Max brightness right 15, Min brightness right 4
    Max segment time 5 sec, Min segment time 2 sec

I left the sound at default.
    I started a new sheet with 500 segments, selected all segments and requested randomise all selected segments. It was about 27 minutes long which is acceptable.
    Everything appeared to be fine except for one thing, although all the segments were between 2 and 5 seconds and the frequencies were between 12Hz and 17Hz the starting and ending frequency of each segment were not the same.
    It appears that I must go through 500 lines of the session changing the final frequency of each segment to that of the starting frequency of the segment.
    I have already started to do this but it will take me a couple of days. So I will take a breather to see if you can recommend a simpler way.
    I have used debug on the .pr2 file to see if I could see a pattern in the file that I could modify with a programming language to change the file in an automated way - In a simple short file I can see a pattern but not when the file is randomised.

It appears that this is the answer to my ?Brain Brightening? requirement however and I will just have to change the final frequency figs by hand.

Regards Allan Godney

Hello Robert

A simple way to fix this would be to add an extra check box to the editor with the checkbox label offering "Start / End Frequency the same?" or "One frequency per sector?" If the checkbox is not checked the program would default to normal operation. If is is checked then the sectors would have one frequency for the range of sectors selected.

Regards Allan Godney

Hello All

I have virtually finished the Brain Brightening session and it is really nice to use mainly because of the use of the randomising option in the Session Editor this ensures that one is interested the whole time and the range of visual colours and paterns are very varied. It has 500 segments and lasts for 27 minutes, it took quite a long time to do, mainly because a lot of manual changes were necessary. The frequencies randomised were between 12 and 17 Hz (it maybe an idea to limit that to 13 to 16 in later version). The sector times were also randomised between 2 and 5 seconds (Roberts suggestion)and the frequency used in the time slot was the same. Thus for instance a 3 sec burst of 13.1Hz could be followed by a 4.5 sec burst of 15.8 Hz followed by a 2.1 sec burst of 14.2Hz etc. I will attach a copy of this version and would appreciate any feedback. I only wish I had an EEG to monitor the results of using this session.
    Looking back on this thread - I maybe writing to myself her and I wonder if long threads are a mistake - unless they are very controversial.
    Regards Allan
    Last edited by Andy; 08-05-2007 at 07:21 PM.

This is a zipped version of the Brighten2 file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Thanks Agodney,

I have placed a copy of your sessions in the "Library" so that everyone can easily find it. Thank you so much for your contribution! I know that many people will enjoy that which you have created.

Here is where it is: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...=1598#post1598

M.
    Last edited by Andy; 12-21-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

Hello Marisa

Thank you for moving the file and also thanks for answering my thread.

Regards Allan

8. Default Re: Tutorial Randomise - Brain Brightening

Thanks for writing the session Agodney. And thanks Marissa and Robert for the input.

Am going to give this a go. I now understand the similarities between the 'biolight paper' http://mindplacesupport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200 and this. Both target specific waves to increase the prominence of that wave in our brains. Doesn't matter if one is slightly better than the other, just that we get benefit!

Hello me0w

I am interested in your results and will follow your posts with interest. I am using the Brain Brightening session virtually every day. Some times I think I notice a memory improvement, but it may be a "Rose Tinted" thought
    It would be useful to be able to save a session file as a text document as this would allow quick and easy analysis of a session in a database program such as Foxpro or basic. I would be interested to know for instance how many 5 second pulses there were in a session and at what frequency. In fact a chart of how many hits at each frequency in the range at 0.1 resolution would be very interesting.
    I requested two modifications for the editor:
    1. To give the option of saving a file in text format.
    2. To give a checkbox to allow the frequency of a sector to be at one frequency or a range of frequencies in a ramdom environment.
    Unfortunately the pressure on the programmer appears to negate the possibility of these mods.
    However it will be exciting when the economical EEG is available, as this will enable us to monitor the effect on a realtime basis of any program we write. agodney

Thread Information