Thread: Are there any soft Ganzframes?

1. Default Are there any soft Ganzframes?

I got my Proteus unit Friday afternoon and have been quite impressed with the sessions I have tried. Especially when I put my usual thunderstorm meditation CD in through the auxillary port and play a relaxation session, it works very well.

Trouble is, I can't fall asleep on my back. I tried to roll over to my side when I wanted to try one of the sleep sessions when I got off of work this morning, but the glasses got off-center and were uncomfortable when they pressed in.

I saw a unit made by another company that probably isn't nearly as good with a set of soft-sided goggles -- I think the reason it utilized goggles was because it was supposed to be able to do a complete Ganzfeld and wanted the sides of the eyes completely sealed so the only thing you could see was the lights. But it looked like it would be much more comfortable to sleep in.

Does Mindplace make any kind of Ganzframes like that? .. if not.... would a suggestion to them be in order?

2. Default Re: Are there any soft Ganzframes?

I can't sleep usually on my back either. But I find inevitably I do after 10 or 15 minutes of a sleep session , and I roll on my side and pull the glasses/phones off, waking just briefly enough to push the whole tangled mess aside and pop off to sleep again. I mounted some speakers over my bed so that has reduced the cable tangle a bit , and allows me to play audio only from the Ipod.

Apparently those Laxman goggles that you speak of work perfectly with the Procyon, but not the Proteus as far as I am aware. I've heard they are a bit fragile in that the electrical connections can be broken around the bridge so they probably would not last long if you tried to sleep in them.

3. Default Re: Are there any soft Ganzframes?

I knew there'd have to be a catch....

Honestly, if nothing else just some padding around the frames would help.

I noticed that my unit came with the older Liteframes, instead of the newer Ganzframes (gotta love Amazon shipping the older version). I'm still very happy with it, don't get me wrong. But maybe if I order the newer frames when I have a bit more cash, I might see if I can add a bit of padding to the Liteframes that came with my unit... but I'm not making any mods until I'm sure I have a frame set that is normal too.

Thread Information