Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proteus OS version 3.0

1. Question Proteus OS version 3.0

Hi there,

I just noticed that although I turn off the display during the session (random / P 00), once in a while (maybe every 8-10 seconds) at least one decimal point is flashing. Not that it is disturbing, but I am just curious if anybody else has this happening with their Proteus?

Thanks,
    Thomas

Blog Entries

Default Re: Display turned off but decimal points still flashing

Which Decimal Point?
    Are you running OS 2.9?

3. Default Re: Display turned off but decimal points still flashing

Hi Andy,

yes, I am running 2.9.
    It's either the left or the right decimal point or both, it seems never to be the middle one.

I have an assumption: Could it be that they flash whenever there is either one color of the bicolor mode activated or when a new segment with either color starts? Or something like that?

Thanks,
    Thomas

Blog Entries

I don't know why the right one would flash, but the left one will show mono/bi-color mode. Sounds like your Proteus might be in mono-color mode.

From the manual:
    Left Decimal point:
    The left decimal point is used to indicate which LightFrame mode the Proteus is running.
    If the left decimal point is not flashing then the Proteus is in the default "bicolor" modality where the red and green channels can run independently.

This is its default setting.

If the left decimal point is flashing the unit is in the ?monocolor? modality, and both red and green lights will follow the frequency and brightness of channel 1 (red) unless the channel 1 brightness for a segment is set to zero. If this happens then the lights follow the frequency and brightness of channel 2 (green).

Pressing the two bottom buttons at the same time toggles this mode if the option is enabled in the Proteus Session Editor software.

Interesting that the dp still shows when the display is off though. I would have thought it shouldn't do that.

Can you confirm that you're in mono-color mode and it's only the left dp that's showing up?

If not, can you determine when exactly the dp lights up? A few more details might help to determine what the cause is...

-Andy.
    Last edited by Andy; 05-16-2010 at 08:24 PM.

5. Default Re: Display turned off but decimal points still flashing

Hi Andy,

the display is turned off, so there are no numbers or anything else - just blank like it's supposed to be. But then, in irregular intervals (5-10 seconds), either the left or the right or both decimal points light up / blink. So this has nothing to do with mono- or bicolor mode.

That's pretty much all I can say for sure...

Thanks,
    Thomas

Blog Entries

Ok, thanks, Thomas.

I'll look into this.

-Andy.

7. Default Re: Display turned off but decimal points still flashing

I really do think that the flashing of the decimal points only happens when a new segment has started, because in P 00 and P 48 for example, where there are quite many segments, the points flash more often than they do for example in P 01.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I really do think that the flashing of the decimal points only happens when a new segment has started, because in P 00 and P 48 for example, where there are quite many segments, the points flash more often than they do for example in P 01.

Interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks!

-Andy.

9. Default Re: Display turned off but decimal points still flashing

Hi Andy,

well if you told me that while it should not happen, it happens with every or at least with many Proteus, I'd be soothed. But if it should not happen and at the same time only seems to happen with my Proteus, then I feel like my Proteus is somehow defective...

Thanks,
    Thomas
    Last edited by Andy; 06-15-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Blog Entries

Hello again;

No, your Proteus is not defective. All Proteus will show the flashing DPs in that mode. I guess that it's been like that forever but you're the first person to notice it (or at least report it).

It is not the way it should work though, so MP got to work on fixing it. Give this OS a try and let me know if it fixes the problem. (I'm assuming you know how to update the OS on the Proteus, if not, instructions are in the manual)

The version 3.0 OS is available here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/Proteus.htm

Note that you need to download and install the Proteus Session Editor to install this OS to the Procyon.

Let me know how it goes.

-Andy.
    Last edited by Andy; 03-10-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Update link to 3.0 OS

Thread Information