Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MindsEye Question

Default Re: MindsEye Question

Robert, do you know or can find out how the mindseye goggle LEDs are wired? I am looking for a way to mod all those single color orion/sirius goggles I bought through Regina off ebay to use on this mindseye. probably more comfy than those old school ski goggle type. though as those seem to be regular cat 5 cables with a lot of wires they might have more features like individual controlling single LEDs maybe? that of course a signal cable of a sirius/orion goggle set might not be able to do without using a multi pin cable, and changing the actual LED wiring inside the goggles.

2. Default Re: MindsEye Question

Do you still have the manual? I have the same unit bought way back then and lost the manual. As I recall it was very short. Is there any way you could scan it and email it to me?
    Thank You!
    zzzang

Blog Entries

MindsEye Courier Manual is here.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Manual is here.
    Thanks for the super quick reply Andy.
    My unit is the Minds Eye Audio/Visual Synchronizer
    The closest thing I see is the Minds Eye Courier.
    I'm just wondering if the functions are the same.
    I guess I can simply give it a try.

Update...
    The unit I have is the Minds Eye Audio/Visual Synchronizer and I bought it brand new when it first came out. The courier manual is for a different machine. Any help on finding this manual would be greatly appreciated.
    Sincerely
    zzzang

Blog Entries

Sorry - I thought the units were similar in operation.

I'll find out if there's a manual floating around and let you know. If/When we find it, we'll scan it and add it to the archive section.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Hi, Matt-- That 9.5 vdc supply should work, if the polarity is correct. I think we used Smith ski goggles with the MindsEye, but don't recall the model... and I doubt that they are still making it, given the constant evolution of ski goggle designs. Sorry this is taking you so long to get up to speed with! Yes, lots of improvements over the years since I designed the MindsEye, which I based loosely upon the Commodore 64 design and memory map. I do miss those SID audio synthesizer chips; we also used those in the PC Synergizer board for DOS computers in the early 90s, and they are now scarce as hens teeth...

Blog Entries

MindsEye Plus Manual is now available here.
    Hopefully it's closer to what you're looking for than the Courier Manual.
    -Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by MattM View Post
    Such as what type of ski goggles were used to built those goggles? my machine was poorly packed by the ebay seller and the heavy machine and PSU crushed the foam and goggle frames into crumbles. the LED boards do work gladly. but I need to find affordable ski goggles to fit them in. does not make sense to buy high end uv filtration anti fogging and what not ski goggles if you use them for a mind machine lol.

I purchased my MindsEye brand new back in the day, and the foam on the ski goggles also crumbled because of the age. I had some black felt and glued it around the goggles and it seems to work really well. Definitely a lot cheaper than rigging up new goggles.

I just noticed that the frames were busted as well, so perhaps my suggestion will not work. However, I will leave my post up in case someone else has this issue with the foam crumbling away.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Austin View Post
    I found a MindsEye supply! It's 12 volts DC, 1000 ma, center pin is ground. Plug appears to be 5 mm in diameter, 9 mm long. You might be able to get away with something in the 800 ma range...
    -Robert
    This helps tremendously, I'll have to see if I can find this specific supply. We acquired so many "wall warts" that I'm almost certain I can find something in our boxes of them. Thanks for the help!

10. Default Re: MindsEye Question

I found these Smith Ski Google's for $9.00 on Amazon, they look like they will fit the lite board...http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I think They are called the Cascade Classic

I just had my original Mindseye Plus shipped out to me. It has been in storage for 15 years. Googles where falling a part but the machine seems to still work well. Ports for two users. I just finished my first session in 15 years...Sweet!
    Last edited by Mindseye89; 07-12-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Thread Information