Thread: Care and Cleaning of the Procyon

Default Care and Cleaning of the Procyon

One of the sections missing from the Procyon user?s manual is a section on care and cleaning of the unit.

In the process of trying to create a working business model for digital three-dimensional television, I needed to clean the plastic LCD glasses (liquid Crystal Shutter Glasses) between users with an alcohol pad, when demonstrating the technology because of the potential transmission of germs between different people. This is why they use paper 3-D glasses in theaters, and hard plastic 3-D glasses are sanitized after every use.

My question is, is it advisable to use alcohol wipes between demonstrations of the Procyon, and if alcohol is not advisable, then what solution should I use between demonstrations of mindplace units?

Default Re: Care and Cleaning of the Procyon

A very interesting question, which no one has asked us before. Because we make these machines for personal use, we haven't focussed on how to clean them (I assume you are referring to the GanzFrames in this case). Most likely isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol will work, since the plastic is polycarbonate which is quite inert to solvents. We'll add this to the list of things to test, and include the results in an errata sheet. The rubber earpieces might slightly discolor under alcohol--though I doubt that any permanent physical damage would be caused as long as you don't submerge the GanzFrames in alcohol for any appreciable period of time.

Hope this helps!

Robert

Blog Entries

Default Re: Care and Cleaning of the Procyon

(3D television discussion moved to here: http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...read.php?t=162)

Thread Information