Thread: tsi.ini?

Default tsi.ini?

Part of the thoughtstream interface software installation includes a tsi.ini file which appears to allow pre setting of configuration values such as the port # from the thoughtstream.exe defaults.

Has anyone been successful editing the tsi.ini file so that the thoughtstream interface software uses the tsi.ini values? (removing " ". changing syntax, including reference to the tsi.ini file in the program shortcut, etc.?)

Thanks,

Ted

Blog Entries

Default Re: tsi.ini?

Hi Ted;

What is it you would like to do?

-Andy

Hi Andy,
    Default to port #7 rather than port #2. If that works, I would experiment with the default window size and location.

Ted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trosen View Post
    Hi Andy,
    Default to port #7 rather than port #2. If that works, I would experiment with the default window size and location.

Ted
    I just looked at the file and it looks pretty self-documenting.

Changed the port # and it changed the default in the program.

However, if you just open the program and set the serial port to 7 and close it, it will use #7 next time you open the program. No need to edit the .ini file.

Same with the window location and size. Just change it and close the program. The changes will be saved without any editing needed.

Why do you want to edit the file rather than just make the changes in the program?

-Andy.

Andy,
    Yes, I thought that would happen as well, but it doesn't on my computer. Perhaps its a Windows7 issue. Although I change the port to 7 each time I run the program, it continues to default to 2. I thought that there needed to be some additional adjustment to make this work as you describe.

Is it possible to post or email me the tsi.ini file which works successfully for you?

Ted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trosen View Post
    Andy,
    Yes, I thought that would happen as well, but it doesn't on my computer. Perhaps its a Windows7 issue. Although I change the port to 7 each time I run the program, it continues to default to 2. I thought that there needed to be some additional adjustment to make this work as you describe.

Is it possible to post or email me the tsi.ini file which works successfully for you?

Ted
    Not a Windows 7 issue, as I am running Windows 7. I do know that Vista really had a problem with programs creating files in the "Program Files" folder, and would instead put them in a different place. In Windows 7, the file showed up in the "Program Files" folder.

Perhaps there's some permissions or something that's not allowing the file to be written to?

Try deleting that .ini file (as it doesn't exist until you first run the program) and then make your settings and see if they "stick" after that.

Is port #7 ALWAYS available or does it only exist when you have the TS connected? If so, make sure you have the TS connected and powered up before you run the TS interface program.

-Andy.

Andy,
    Thanks again. I am continuously impressed by the support and assistance you provided. Your suggestion of deleting the ini file was a big help, as was the cofirmation that tsi worked on windows7. The ini file was recreated as predicted and accepted the previous setting values (port 7), but would not keep these values when closing and reopening tsi. (I was starting to think that all this time to configure the software to save time was counter productive)

So...the next step and solution was to change the usb connection. It now defaults to port 2, and the intended outcome has been accomplished.

Best wishes,

Ted

Blog Entries

Thanks, Ted!

I have to think that something in your computer's setup is not allowing the .ini file to be updated... Very odd.

Anyway, sounds like you found a solution. Glad it all worked out.

-Andy.

Thread Information