Thread: Feature, Firmware Bug, or Hardware Issue

Default Feature, Firmware Bug, or Hardware Issue

So, after much anticipation, I finally received my Procyon unit. I like the size (a quarter of the product I purchased about 10 years ago), the features set, and the fact that it connects over USB.

I have however few issues that this group might be able to relate to, which will condition whether I need to return my unit or rather wait for a firmware update:

1) My session never gets saved. The manual claims that when I turn my unit back on, the Procyon should show the last session I played. It is always reset to 000.

2) Every so often, the internal sound does not play (external source always functions). I stumbled upon a work around by switching through all modes until I get back to SES, then the sound works again.

3) Pressing the Mode/Pause button while running shows a nice PAUSE message on the display and then the session number shows a couple of additional blinking dots. The truth is that the session carries on and is not paused whatsoever.

4) The manual indicates that holding the start/stop button in conjunction with the session selector will allow me to select in reverse order. To this point, it has never worked for me.

The question is "are we all plagued with the same problems?" and therefore we should anticipate a firmware revision that will correct all these, or am I the only one in this situation and in that case I should request a replacement unit?

Thanks,
    ----
    Christophe

2. Default Re: Feature, Firmware Bug, or Hardware Issue

The session number I end with is always displayed when I reboot. I found that when I scroll through sessions, if I press the mode button down too, the session progression reverses. I too notice odd functioning that seems somehow rectifiable by some method of button pushing. I am sure there will be newer OS upgrades soon enough. It is difficult to make time to catalogue the tiny oddities we find, considering that we are often laying down in a dark room when using the product.

Default Re: Feature, Firmware Bug, or Hardware Issue

Hi, Christophe--we will be shortly releasing a new OS version which should put the oddities you mention (which could be a flash memory byte not fully programmed?)--so if you can hang on another week we should have you up and running again!

Thank you,

Robert

Thread Information