Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing Music with Sessions

Default Re: Mixing Music with Sessions

The casual observer may perceive that TomC and I are forever contradicting one another about the merits of Procyon and Sirius, monocolour over multicolour.

TomC is absolutely correct in all his assertions about the equivalence of mono vs multi. He also regularly confirms an aesthetic preference for red or amber(?) over other colours. Dead honest subjective impression - unvarnished personal opinion based on extensive personal experience - a gem when so many posts here, there and everywhere, provide no fresh information.

I happen to really like red/green, red/blue, blue/green and RGB. Only some species of colour systems will provide blue/green - Procyon and Laxman (no AS) naturally, and a few other switched or mapped colour glasses.

I also happen to personally dislike the "expand" and "focus" left/right flashing typical of monocolour glasses - TomC has frequently posted that he likes it.

I think the Procyon rox and TomC finds the Pulse modes and monocolour of the Sirius fully do it for him. I have a Sirius (and a Proteus) on my rarely used shelf, TomC has a Procyon and a Proteus.

We're both providing top-knotch information with 100% personal bias. And when we agree, we really agree, like on the dubious virtues of binaurals and the merits of closed-eye.

Cheers,
    Craig

Default Re: Mixing Music with Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by CraigT View Post
    The casual observer may perceive that TomC and I are forever contradicting one another about the merits of Procyon and Sirius, monocolour over multicolour.

TomC is absolutely correct in all his assertions about the equivalence of mono vs multi. He also regularly confirms an aesthetic preference for red or amber(?) over other colours. Dead honest subjective impression - unvarnished personal opinion based on extensive personal experience - a gem when so many posts here, there and everywhere, provide no fresh information.

I happen to really like red/green, red/blue, blue/green and RGB. Only some species of colour systems will provide blue/green - Procyon and Laxman (no AS) naturally, and a few other switched or mapped colour glasses.

I also happen to personally dislike the "expand" and "focus" left/right flashing typical of monocolour glasses - TomC has frequently posted that he likes it.

I think the Procyon rox and TomC finds the Pulse modes and monocolour of the Sirius fully do it for him. I have a Sirius (and a Proteus) on my rarely used shelf, TomC has a Procyon and a Proteus.

We're both providing top-knotch information with 100% personal bias. And when we agree, we really agree, like on the dubious virtues of binaurals and the merits of closed-eye.

Cheers,
    Craig
    Yes, we do somtimes 'seem' to contradict, but I do not think that this is true. We both actually agree on most things related to AVS. In fact, I cannot think of any one aspect that we disagree on.

The main thing we both agree on is that there are really only two important components of AVS entrainment; 'Clicks and Flashes'. Any variations of this is purely entertainment, not entrainment. However, one should not underestimate the importance of the entertainment factor. Without it, sessions quickly become repetative and boring.

I think that the other main thing that Craig and I agree on is that all the MindPlace AVS machines and accessories (like their light glasses) are very good quality and, most importantly, they all work great.

Likewise, we both like and use Transparent Corp's software together with our MP AVS machines. I like the simpler NP2-pro software and Craig likes the more comprehensive MindWorkstation version, but basically these both do much the same thing. The main thing is that this software allows you to make sessions a lot easier than by using the in-built Proteus and Procyon session editors (which both work very well). I also find that it is very easy to incorporate affirmations and Hypno tapes into all this (based on a lot of useful information that Marisa has provided in the past).

Thing like pulse types and colours are personal things and while I may give my opinions as to what works best for me, others may find this is not the case for them. AVS is not very subjective, so you really need to try quite a few things out to see what works best for you.

Also, a little variety is nice, and I like to dust off my Procyon once in a while and go for a little RGB entrainment with it's great in-built sessions, or together with my Laxman glasses, for a little open-eyed entertainment.

I also still use my Proteus for many of it's in-built sessions and use either red/green, or red/blue glasses with these sessions. I find that the Proteus AS decoder is 'slightly' better than the Sirius or Procyon decoders so if I want to get the very best out of my AudioStrobe CD's/MP3's, I'll ocassionally (still mainly use the Sirius) use my Proteus with the mono-coloured glasses or sometimes, for a bit of variety, bi-coloured glasses.

Time-wise, I personally target 30 minutes/day for AVS sessions that I might be working on, and a further 30 minutes for general relaxation/meditation (and maybe a bit of entertainment). These are targets and to be honest, over the course of a year, I probably only actually acheive about 50% on both of these. Like most people, other interests and commitments do seem to get in the way of many of our 'Targets'.

The best thing about this Forum in my opinion is that it is based on mutual respect and I also find it helps re-kindle the flame once in a while.

Best regards and cheers,

TomC

3. Default Re: Mixing Music with Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Maybe just a unit that plugs into any MP3/CD player headphone jack and has a dual headphone/light glasses output jacks with a small internal AS decoder built-into it. Come on Mindplace (or AudioStrobe) and please come up with this soon!
    The problem seems to me with the issue of miniaturization. Look at the size of the of AS decoder 'L and S synergiser'. All we need is a set of glasses that have ear-buds built in and perhaps also headphone out port for plugging in your own phones. The glasses would have a 3.5 mini-jack to plug into your MP3 player. A small LED brightness knob on the side.

It may well be that no company wants to invest /develop AS gear as they are all seeking their own light control protocol that is volume independent ( in other words fool- proof light response). Without some kind of open source system that they can all use , we'll continue to have this system with so many proprietary light control systems. AS is as close as they've come yet to a cross platform system . Even no there are many machines that are not AS compatible.

Mark

4. Default Re: Mixing Music with Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    While waiting for that reply, there's some EXCELLENT information about the technology that Marisa has compiled.

I'm sure the answers you are looking for are all contained therein and you would likely find some of the articles very interesting!

http://www.mindplacesupport.com/foru...splay.php?f=15

-Andy.
    Thanks for sharing the link!

Thread Information