Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Synchromuse Sessions

1. Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

I tried the. Flac with the application foobar 2000 and everything works perfectly for me. Esteband thank you for your work.

Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Esteband,

Got it to work fine as well. Many thanks for my first synchromuse session. Hope it's the first of many!

Just an aside; The Wave file I burnt to CD also seems to play in AS analogue mode (on all my mindplace machines). Only 2 light channels though, but still pretty good. Wonder why?

Cheers,
    TomC

Great, I'm glad it's working for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    The Wave file I burnt to CD also seems to play in AS analogue mode (on all my mindplace machines). Only 2 light channels though, but still pretty good. Wonder why?
    From what I understand about audiostrobe, the LEDs respond to audio frequencies in the 19kHz range, which is almost out of the range of human hearing. Although I did not deliberately encode my track with audiostrobe signals, I did use some harmonic processing, which (like an EQ) probably boosted the higher harmonics which happen to fall around 19kHz. Hope that makes sense. I'll have to try it out myself.

-esteband

Blog Entries

I finally got around to uploading the file to our servers.

I updated the link in the first post.

Andy/Craig,

Would it be posisble to post a download of the synchromuse session that the tutorial is supposed to produce (but I will probably never be able to do!)?

Thanks and cheers,
    TomC

Default Solar Neighborhood by esteband - Review

Review:

After 3 years, someone finally made a real synchromuse track! Its called "Solar Neighborhood" created by esteband and its a whole lotta fun.

Actually, its more than just "fun". You see, most of the audiostrobe CDs I've tried seem to be made with the music in mind first and then someone puts a light show on top of the soundtrack. In essense they are made for entertainment not entrainment and don't really entrain the brain to any particular frequency. But Solar Neighborhood is more like the included programs in the Procyon in that it seems to have a purpose. The slow ramp down from 16hz to 5hz really works to entrain the brain to an extremely relaxing state. The lights were very well synchonized with the music unlike many of the audiostrobe CDs. The music itself was very relaxing. Its actually somewhere between music and the standard clicks of a normal mind machine program - a refreshing change of pace. The three colors were much richer than just two colors with audiostrobe. It seems the color selection ampified the entrainment as opposed to just being entertaining.

During the session, as it progressively brought me deeper into a theta state, I would easily go more and more into a dreamlike state. This is similar to the "Night Voyage" programs but I like the music a lot more than just the clicks. When it was all finished, I knew it was good because I could even feel the tips of my fingers were relaxed. And then I just chilled there for the next half hour in a daydream state. This was the exact reason I bought the procyon in the first place - relaxation from the stresses of modern life. I have a feeling I might be using Solar Neighborhood more often before bed than the built in programs...

Thanks esteband. Solar Neighborhood was a fantastic "first synchromuse track."

MindMachineFun

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    Andy/Craig,

Would it be posisble to post a download of the synchromuse session that the tutorial is supposed to produce (but I will probably never be able to do!)?

Thanks and cheers,
    TomC
    Someone will have to run the tutorial to do that. I don't have the finished file.
    Craig?

Default Re: Solar Neighborhood by esteband - Review

Quote Originally Posted by MindMachineFun View Post
    Solar Neighborhood was a fantastic "first synchromuse track."
    Thanks, MindMachineFun!!! I'm glad it worked for you!

9. Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Yep good work esteband, I just got one of these things and I just tried your flac with the session file uploaded to program number 57 on my Procyon, put it in das mode then played the file through winamp and wow, that was awsome dude!

20 minutes seemed like it melted into a couple or less, sweet!

I also bought healing rhythms and am looking forward to charting how deep I can go using Solar Neighborhood.

I just wish I had some acid .

Nite!

10. Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Wonderful wonderful wonderful. It is everything I always wanted my procyon to be. Thank you so much for creating it. Is there any new ones on the horizon?

I converted the file to apple lossless because I use an ipod with my procyon. I tried to attach the file but I can't seem to get it to work.

Once again thank you for creating this. The visuals were very well done and the transitions were seemless. The music was very well done as well. Bravo! Encore! Encore!

Thread Information