Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Synchromuse Sessions

Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchromuse and MP3 success!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Kao View Post
    perhaps it could be hosted on the support site? (I only have limited bandwidth with the above hosting service).
    Done. Edited your post to the new location on the support site.
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Cool Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Thanks Andy.

I've just tested the MP3 on my girlfriend's Ipod Nano 2nd Gen. In a nutshell, it works!

It triggers the synchromuse session fine, so long as the volume is over 80% for the first couple of seconds.

So, that's two machines confirmed! Synchromuse MP3s will definitely work with:

• Ipod Nano 2nd Gen
    • Sony Walkman NWZ-E354

But you need to create the mp3s using a very specific mp3 encoder that preserves the high frequencies. Normal encoders like Lame (the Audacity default) don't produce a working mp3.

In due course I'll see if I can tweak the mp3 file so that you don't need to boost the volume at the start.

Perhaps there is still hope for synchromuse mp3s :-)
    Joseph Kao DHypPsych(UK)
    Try my free hypnosis mp3s and videos at
    www.exploringtrance.com

Blog Entries

Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Whoa... stop the presses! This mp3 actually does work on the Sansa Clip Zip to trigger Synchromuse. I had been moving a lot of sessions in and out of my memory storage and when I tested earlier I didn't have Solar Neighborhood loaded. I corrected that and tested the trigger again and it worked! I will test the iPhone tomorrow. So there is progress on this important issue. Great job!

Scott
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Blog Entries

I have been performing more tests with mp3. The Fraunhofer encoder seems to preserve highs better up to 22khz. I have gotten it to work. The Helix encoder trashes the highs.. and the newest LAME (3.99) is just below the Fraunhofer with 320kb VBR but just enough to render the Synchromuse trigger unreliable across devices. Which one did you use?
    If you know something I don't, speak up! If maybe I know something you don't, ask away!

Hi Scott,

Great to hear it works on the Sansa Clip Zip! The only device I've found it won't work on so far is my Nokia E5 phone. I've yet to try an IPhone.

As I recall, the original source I went to in choosing the encoder was this site:

http://raze.host.sk/mp3.htm

http://raze.host.sk/mp3freqa.htm

Based on these tests, I then tracked down an old shareware program called Sound Limit 2.51. (It pops up a few times in google search results, but if you've any difficulty in finding it, just PM me).

Sound Limit 2.51, dated though it may be as a program, seems to do a very nice job of preserving the high frequencies at 320kbps.

Joe
    Joseph Kao DHypPsych(UK)
    Try my free hypnosis mp3s and videos at
    www.exploringtrance.com

6. Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

I can't get the sleep cycle session to start and it appears to have loaded to the procyon because now there's 50 instead of 49. I used the media player flac file but it seems it's not loud enough to activate the synchromuse session. Could this be why? Maybe I need a louder sound card in my computer so the procyon can detect the track.

7. Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Thank you Esteband that was really enjoyable. I hope we can see more of these to come! I'm a complete novice to AVS but I understand entrainment well from an aural perspective. That was one of the best uses of the procyon that I have tried so far.

8. Default Re: Synchromuse Sessions

Here's a synchromuse I made a few months ago for my art installation The Electric Lazy Lounge. I call it Star Trippin. It's just for entertainment not entrainment or any other specific purpose.

The first track can be downloaded free here by liking the page https://www.facebook.com/NoizeTankMu...20150904689418. The second track here http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/10551659/file.html.

You will want to add a little bit of space between the header and where the music actually starts. So, that the music will start at about 1.5 seconds in, to sync up better with the music.

When I created this I had difficultly getting the segments to sync up with the music perfectly. I ended up making several different versions that were actually shorter than the music but appeared to sync. After about a week they started running shorter than the music. I put the original session back on the procyon and it ran perfect. Never quite figured out why so if you experience this problem you can try to edit segments individually to fit better or maybe just put fresh batteries in your procyon and reload the segment. I'm not sure. Hopefully it runs perfect for you.

Sorry you will have to do the leg work of downloading the music and putting the header and tracks together, but since it's not my music I don't think I can upload it anywhere legally. If you have trouble with that part just check out the syncromuse tutorials on the forum.

May the force be with you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

Nice, Mike! Thanks for sharing it!
    -Andy.

Hey, if someone makes a good post, don't forget to click at the bottom of their post to add to their reputation!

Thread Information