Thread: Dealer Question

Default Dealer Question

Hello,

Thanks for your forums, they are helpful.

Do you have any plans to base dealerships for your products by physical territory? For example, single dealerships by state or region?

This would be helpful for several very good reasons. First, it would allow knowledgeable dealers serve a geographical area, and protect the dealers from cost undercutting by discount websites. Secondly, it would create a sales force for light and sound machines to more effectively market to the general public about the entertainment and personal well-being that light and sound machines can, and in my opinion, do generate. It is a unique experience. With the proper education of the consumer, only possible with a protected dealer network, the technological phenomenon of light and sound entrainment can be marketed to and reach a mainstream mass audience.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Dealer Question

Hi Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hello,

Do you have any plans to base dealerships for your products by physical territory? For example, single dealerships by state or region?
    I do this in Canada. Mindplace doesn't do this in the U.S. as their dealer distribution system was set up long ago and it would probably be way too difficult to change systems now.

This would be helpful for several very good reasons. First, it would allow knowledgeable dealers serve a geographical area, and protect the dealers from cost undercutting by discount websites.
    You bring up some very good points. I know that Mindplace monitors their dealers activities and if a dealer acts outside of the dealership agreement, they can lose their dealership.

Secondly, it would create a sales force for light and sound machines to more effectively market to the general public about the entertainment and personal well-being that light and sound machines can, and in my opinion, do generate. It is a unique experience. With the proper education of the consumer, only possible with a protected dealer network, the technological phenomenon of light and sound entrainment can be marketed to and reach a mainstream mass audience.
    I agree with what you are saying. Now, I'm curious - you bring these points up for a reason and I'm wondering what is it that inspired you to write this post?

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Dave

I agree with what you are saying. Now, I'm curious - you bring these points up for a reason and I'm wondering what is it that inspired you to write this post?

M.
    I would like to make a living selling these machines, if there is a market. From my own testing with Procyon, I think you could do well if you had a protected dealer network.

I was thinking of putting together a DVD and selling procyon units in the bundle as a value added service.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I would like to make a living selling these machines, if there is a market. From my own testing with Procyon, I think you could do well if you had a protected dealer network.

I was thinking of putting together a DVD and selling procyon units in the bundle as a value added service.
    If you are in Canada, I'm the one you need to talk to about a dealership. If that is the case, send me a PM. If you are located outside of Canada, then you need to contact Anji at Mindplace anji@mindplace.com .

Anji is also the one you would talk to about dealer territory etc.

M.

Thanks for your comments, Dave. For many years we did work with state or local distributors, but internet distribution changed this rather quickly. In fact we are currently a bit concerned about this approach, since internet dealers need only set up a website, and in the past would compete with "price wars" (until we put an end to that--hopefully). We are now more interested in the "bricks and mortar" approach, since a) there is a real person available to explain the technology and provide support, and b) because most products are still distributed outside the internet, and we don't want to get "locked into" this as our main portal to customers. Any comments are welcome, please write directly to anji@mindplace.com.

Thanks much,

Robert

Thread Information