Thread: Procyon Audio

1. Default Procyon Audio

I bought the procyon to enhance the binaural beats I've been making. I was wondering if there are plans on adding the ability for pitch tones in the tenths value or pink noise? BTW The machine is amazing and the colors are insane!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Procyon Audio

Glad you're enjoying the unit!
    Can you explain what you mean by tenths value?
    I'm not sure that there would be any benefit to listening to pink noise in terms of brain entrainment...

3. Default Re: Procyon Audio

You can set the light frequency to 2.5 but when you try to make a binaural beat at 2.5 it rounds up or down (left 97.5 right 102.5 changes to left 98 right 102)

Blog Entries

Hi Shogun,

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun7 View Post
    You can set the light frequency to 2.5 but when you try to make a binaural beat at 2.5 it rounds up or down (left 97.5 right 102.5 changes to left 98 right 102)
    What outcome are your trying to achieve? (for example, relaxation, concentration etc.).

M.

5. Default Re: Procyon Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    Hi Shogun,

What outcome are your trying to achieve? (for example, relaxation, concentration etc.).

M.

I've used sbagen to make binaural beats for awhile. I was just using 2.5 as an example. I have a wide range of beats that I've made...just hoping I could use them inside the procyon. About the pink noise..I've heard from a few places that it helps in entraining when its in the background so I've always used it. Its not really mandatory in making binaurals or anything...I was just was wondering If there were thoughts of adding a noise generator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun7 View Post

I've used sbagen to make binaural beats for awhile. I was just using 2.5 as an example. I have a wide range of beats that I've made...just hoping I could use them inside the procyon.
    The Procyon programs already incorporate binaural beats. If you are targeting 2.5 hz, are you trying to go to sleep?

About the pink noise..I've heard from a few places that it helps in entraining when its in the background so I've always used it.
    That's only because it's blocking out other interfering noise. I don't know what the frequency of pink noise is - Andy could probably tell you - but I do know that it's not in the range of our brainwaves to really be useful in entrainment.

Its not really mandatory in making binaurals or anything...I was just was wondering If there were thoughts of adding a noise generator
    Sorry, I don't see them doing this because there are no real benefits to pink noise other than distraction or other noise cancelling. You can easily buy a cd that generates pink noise or down load it from the net.

M.

7. Default Re: Procyon Audio

Since the program Procyon Editor is still in beta versions. Here are some features I would like to see added.

1. Ability to use sound pitch with increments of 0.1 hz
    2. Better session management (adding and deleting sessions)
    3. Ability to choose color for audiostrobe cds instead of red

BTW Is there a way to delete sessions from the procyon? I made some changes to a session i made and i cant delete the old one...

Hi, Shogun7--

Thanks much for your suggestions, we will add them to the list for coming upgrades! We're currently working on improving the internal sound. Generating all those colors has severely loaded the CPU (which is 2.5 times faster than the Proteus CPU), so there is a lot of optimizing to be done.

Can't delete individual sessions yet directly, but we'll add that as well! You could back up your current sessions, open the album file and delete the "bad" one and re-upload it, though--a bit more work than it should be.

Robert

Thread Information