Thread: Initial thoughts on Procyon

1. Default Initial thoughts on Procyon

Received my Procyon on Friday and ran it through its paces over the past few days. This is my first AVS machine although I have used binaural beat software before (audio only). The binaural beats had been effective for me and I highly anticipated the idea of adding a light show. The Procyon did not disappoint in this regard. I've tried out many presets and found them to be very effective for what they advertise.

As other users have stated here in the forums, getting the brightness level adjusted just right is key. I am fairly photosensitive and wear my sunglasses even on mostly cloudy days. I could see more cool patterns with the brightness level high. But with the brightness level cranked up to 11 I could literally feel my pupils opening and closing rapidly trying to adjust to any flickering in the program. This led to some eyestrain and headache early on which has since gone away after lowering the brightness.

I also enjoy mixing some appropriate music into the auxiliary input. I found some African music (guitarist Ali Farka Toure) that seemed to drone along perfectly with some of the binaural beats with an almost hypnotic effect.

Looking forward to continued exploration of the o'l gray matter with the help of my new Procyon. Cheers

Default Re: Initial thoughts on Procyon

Hi, and welcome!

Great to hear from another happy Procyon user!

Cheers,
    Craig

Thread Information